Administrative and Database Assistant
Company: Mizel Museum
Location: Denver, CO
Position: Administrative and Database Assistant
Are you a passionate administrator looking to contribute to a dynamic team and an important cause? Imagine doing what you love and making a meaningful impact at the same time. At the Mizel Museum, you have that opportunity. The Mizel Museum is an educational, nonprofit organization which combats discrimination and hatred through social justice and Holocaust education programs. We encourage people of all ages and backgrounds to celebrate diversity and equality. Our programs, events, and exhibits address these issues by encouraging positive social change. We offer outstanding benefits and competitive wages.
Summary: The Administrative and Database Assistant plays an essential role in ensuring the success of the Mizel Museum’s critical initiatives. This position provides a wide range of administrative and Salesforce database support for fundraising activities, educational programs, and events, as well as for day-to-day operations. The ideal candidate would be a person who shares a passion for the Mizel Museum’s mission.
- Supports education programs by processing reservation requests, coordinating booking logistics, and tracking invoices efficiently and with a high attention to detail
- Utilizes the Salesforce database for various daily activities, such as entering registrant lists, updating records, creating new contacts, pulling reports, and spot-checking data integrity
- Provides administrative and front desk support for daily museum operations, such as processing point of sales, answering questions about the museum, preparing documents, managing office calendars, planning meetings, and managing office supply inventory
- Supports community events by tracking registrants, preparing/organizing supplies and materials, and providing on-site support
- Communicates professionally and accurately with staff, Board of Directors, clients, vendors, and third parties
- Schedules calendars and travel arrangements with high level of accuracy and efficiency
- Provides light maintenance on office technology to ensure consistent functionality. Acts as liaison with outside tech vendors to troubleshoot issues and minimize staff downtime.
- And other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Two or more years of relevant work experience in an office setting
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working in databases required; Salesforce experience preferred
- Passion for multicultural appreciation and social justice issues
- Thorough and accurate, with attention to detail and a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize and work independently
- Outstanding oral and written communication and customer service skills to interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including high-level executives, teachers, guests, and vendors
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Experience working in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Comfort working in hybrid, remote, and in-person team environments
- Must be a highly motivated, positive, flexible team player
Hours and Salary:
$45,000 – $65,000. The candidate must be available Monday-Friday and may be required to work some evenings and weekends to support program activities. This position affords the ideal candidate the opportunity to work in the office as well as remotely.
Submit your cover letter and resume at www.tinyurl.com/ApplyForMI. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Every applicant is carefully reviewed; only candidates whose backgrounds most closely complement the requirements of the position will be contacted directly. All applicants will undergo a background check. Pursuant to CDC recommendations, final candidates must be vaccinated against Covid-19. The Mizel Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation: $45,000 – $65,000