Administrative Assistant & Office Manager
Museum of Contemporary Art Denver
Job Title: Administrative Assistant & Office Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Position Status: Full-time salary, individual contributor
Compensation: $48,000 – $52,000
To Apply: Submit your cover letter, resume to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday, November 20, 2020.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant and Office Manager is a skilled and reliable administrative professional who is primarily responsible for providing direct assistance to the museum’s Executive Director, supporting Membership and Development programs and for general oversight of onsite and virtual office management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
50% Executive Assistant
- Coordinate Executive Director’s schedule, appointments, and meetings.
- Prepare and present clear and concise verbal and written communications on behalf of the Executive Director.
- Review and analyze inquiries and requests for the Executive Director and determine appropriate course of action. Respond to routine requests.
- Support Executive Director’s donor relations by tracking correspondence and updating appropriate information to CRM Altru database.
- Book all travel arrangements for the Executive Director and donor travel trips.
- Receive and follow up on phone calls and correspondence on behalf of the Executive
- Work with the Board of Trustees and its committees to create board packets and other board projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
30% Office Manager
- Responsible for day-to-day office operations, establishing and implementing office protocol.
- Facilitate all administrative office support including maintaining the museum’s master calendar, fielding general calls, voicemails and emails, distributing mail, ordering office supplies.
- Act as the primary liaison with external IT consultants and vendors including phones, printers, computers and general office software.
- Support the new hire onboarding process by creating user accounts, setting up workstations, updating contact lists.
- Other duties as assigned.
20% Development and Membership Assistant
- Support prospect list management within the CRM Altru.
- Generate donor acknowledgement letters.
- Enter membership renewal gifts into the donor database.
- Process membership packets including a gift acknowledgement letter, membership cards, envelopes.
- Provide general support of special events as needed.
- Assist Development Officer and Database Manager with ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 1-3 years’ experience working as an Executive Assistant.
- Working knowledge of customer service and non-profit organizations a plus.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Google Suite.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organization skills.
- Ability to demonstrate adaptability and resilience while working within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to represent the museum with the highest level of integrity and professionalism, advocate for and adhere to museum policies, and contribute to and support management decisions in a positive, professional manner.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and common sense in handling complex, sensitive or confidential situations.
- Ability to work independently and complete work in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Passion for and knowledge of contemporary art a plus.
- Sense of humor, dependability and collaborative spirit.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel independently within museum office and spaces, and in the communities served. The position requires verbal and written conversation with others, sitting, moving throughout the museum, reaching, lifting/moving objects up to 25 pounds, and use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The position occasionally requires speaking for an extended period. Vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
ABOUT MCA DENVER:
The Museum of Contemporary Art Denver (MCA Denver) explores the art and culture of our time through rotating exhibitions and public educational programs. Featuring international, national, and regional artists, MCA Denver exhibitions impact the field of contemporary art and enrich our community. Through dynamic adult and youth education programs and other creative events, the museum cultivates a culturally engaged community and a healthy, creative place of belonging for teens.
We believe we are paving a new path for a 21st century museum that is Both/And: We are both advancing the field of contemporary art and providing a platform for creative expression, in the broadest sense of the term. We present both world-class exhibitions and quirky events, serious lectures and epic parties. We are both sophisticated and unpretentious. By continually breaking conventions ourselves, we promote the values of risk-taking and newness in the hearts and minds of Denverites.
MCA Denver was founded in 1996 by philanthropist Sue Cannon and a group of committed volunteers and artists who responded to the community’s desire for a contemporary art museum in Denver. For seven years, MCA Denver occupied a renovated fish market in Sakura Square in lower downtown Denver. In 2003, Mark Falcone and Ellen Bruss, members of MCA Denver’s Board of Trustees, donated a gift of land in Denver’s Central Platte Valley in order to realize the organization’s goal of building a permanent home for contemporary art in Denver. In October 2007, MCA Denver opened its new, 27,000-square foot, environmentally sustainable facility in the Riverfront neighborhood of lower downtown Denver, designed by acclaimed architect David Adjaye. The building has five galleries on two floors as well as dedicated education spaces, a gift shop, an innovative art lending library, and a rooftop café.Apply Here