Job Classification: Non-exempt
Job Status: 20 hours per week; benefits include, parking, PERA, optional employee 401(k) and 457, paid vacation & sick time
Reports to: Executive Director
The Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (SCFD) is seeking an Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will be an individual who possesses integrity, reliability, demonstrates initiative, enjoys closure, and is conscientious, organized, and takes responsibility for a job well done. This position requires an ability to manage stress in a fast-paced organization coupled with an ability to see what needs to get done and take the initiative to do it. It also requires the ability to work effectively in a small team setting and the capacity to solve problems productively. This individual will pay close attention to detail to ensure operational efficiency, accuracy, credibility, and strong customer service. An interest in the arts and/or sciences, a sense of humor, and a positive attitude are also helpful. Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Required Core Competencies:
- Understand, implement and follow policies and rules
- Ability to use discretion with confidential and sensitive information and documents
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail, both in written and verbal communication
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact, and website maintenance
- Proficient in writing, editing, and proofreading; including grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- High level of professionalism with a strong work ethic; accountable and responsible
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with and support multiple team members
- Ability to prioritize tasks and complete them in the timeframe allotted
Executive Assistance (50%)
- Support Executive Director with internal and external communication
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director that ensures outstanding communication and responsiveness
- Scheduling meetings for the Executive Director to ensure his/her calendar is accurate and up-to-date
- Take minutes and notes in meetings
- Assist Executive Director with special projects as assigned
General Administration (30%)
- Monitor and order supplies, keep all office equipment in working order to support office efficiency and productivity; distribute in-coming and prepare out-going mail, record and replenish postage
- Manage office calendar and rentals of SCFD marketing materials and mascot costumes
- Troubleshoot office equipment problems and coordinate with IT contractors to rectify issues
- Reconcile company credit card and receipts on a monthly basis
- Field questions from grant applicants and cultural council members and direct them to appropriate staff
- Provide support for annual grant workshops and trainings
- Manage electronic communications and provide information to the public, constituent organizations, and county cultural councils
- Assist in maintaining SCFD website to ensure free days, board meetings, and job postings are up-to-date
Board Management (20%)
- Establish annual board meetings schedule, and manage all aspects of monthly and special public board meetings to include venue logistics, lunch orders, and required equipment
- Copy, assemble, and distribute monthly board meeting packets
- Take and transcribe minutes of board meetings, obtain signatures on minutes and other documents
- Gather Board RSVPs to various events
Educational and Work Experience:
- Minimum of an Associates Degree and at least two years administrative work experience in a fast-paced, professional office setting
- Experience and/or exposure to grant-making processes is preferred
- Knowledge of the SCFD a plus
- Valid Colorado driver’s license with a good driving record
NOTE: Duties, responsibilities, and accountabilities may be modified at any time. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Physical Demands: Sedentary to moderate physical work depending upon assignment; may require the ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 pounds; may require lifting and carrying objects, regular standing, and walking; may require bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and climbing; eye/hand coordination for computer operation; may require eye/hand/foot coordination for operation of a motor vehicle; vision to read reports and other written material; frequent speech and hearing to maintain communication with employees and constituents.
Work Environment: Works in a clean, quiet, comfortable environment.
Equipment Used: Standard business and professional equipment and tools including computers.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Administrative Assistant Position.” No phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted and reviewed until April 21.
The Scientific and Cultural Facilities District is an equal opportunity employer. The SCFD serves a diverse cultural community and public and encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds.Apply Here