Denver Botanic Gardens
About Denver Botanic Gardens: Green inside and out, Denver Botanic Gardens was founded in 1951 and is considered one of the top botanical gardens in the United States and a pioneer in water conservation. Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, The Gardens has a robust living plant collection, natural history collection and art collection along with temporary art exhibitions. The Gardens is a dynamic, 24-acre urban oasis in the heart of the city, offering unforgettable opportunities to flourish with unique garden experiences for the whole family – as well as world-class exhibitions, education, and plant conservation research programs.
For more information, visit us online at www.botanicgardens.org.
Denver Botanic Gardens is currently seeking a Full Time Application Analyst in our IT Department! Read below to see if the requirements might be a good fit for you:
The Application Analyst champions effective software utilization throughout the enterprise, supporting visitor-facing and back-office applications. The primary purpose of this role is enabling DBG employees and visitors to successfully utilize various software applications in fulfilling organizational objectives. The Application Analyst contributes to the organizational mission by maximizing usage of enterprise applications and information that ultimately lead to a transformative experience for our Garden visitors.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide steadfast support for all software applications utilized across the enterprise
- Lead installation, configuration, upgrades, and integration efforts for both cloud-hosted and DBG-hosted software applications
- Proactively apply enhancements and encourage process improvements to maximize application utilization and effectiveness
- Coordinate support efforts with IT coworkers and appropriate vendor contacts
- Administer end-user permissions and access privileges in accordance with DBG-IT security policies
- Document common issues and resolutions for internal guidance and user self-help
- Design and deliver application training for both new and existing users
- Assist DBG staff with gathering and transferring data across applications for analysis and reporting
- Lead exploration and testing efforts for potential new software or systems
- Enhance office productivity and collaboration thru easy-to-use software applications
- Participate with department personnel in application review projects and in many cases, lead application projects.
- Proactively apply upgrades and enhancements to critical applications
- Manage software licensing and maintenance renewals
- Meet established performance goals based on measured customer satisfaction’
- Regular attendance at the worksite is required. As with all positions at the Gardens, the incumbent must be in good performance standing to be eligible for remote work. Remote work is at the discretion of management at all times.
- All Gardens employees must be committed to the mission of connecting people with plants, especially plants from the Rocky Mountain region and similar regions around the world, providing delight and enlightenment to everyone.
Position Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have proven excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills in dealing with the public and supporting co-workers
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and able to deal well with stressful situations.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to modify plans when necessary, throughout the day.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office products, including Outlook and Teams/Sharepoint
- Demonstrated familiarity with supporting software applications for various business functions such as: finance (FinancialEdge, Concur, PowerPlan), admissions and ticketing (Vantix ATMS+, Queue-It), donor and membership (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge), CRM (Salesforce, Dynamics365), document management (Adobe, DocuSign), email marketing (MailChimp, Constant Contact), mapping/landscaping (ESRI, Autocad, Bluebeam), event planning (Cvent, Caterease, Social Tables), project management (MS Project, Asana, Wrike), human resources (Paylocity), safety (Rave, Avigilon), point-of-sale (talech, TAM), library systems (Lyrasis), video conferencing (Zoom, Teams), and others.
- Experience with Jira or similar service-desk and project request systems
- Familiarity with data analysis and informational reporting
- Knowledgeable in supporting software-as-a-service (‘hosted’) applications and managing software vendor agreements.
- Must be self-motivated with a keen attention to detail.
- Must work well with others in a team-oriented, highly collaborative environment
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Must be a positive representative of DBG both internally and externally at all times.
- Must work with respect and cooperation at all times with fellow employees and the public.
- Must be committed to working safely at all times.
- Bachelors degree and/or combination of education and equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in technology support is required.
- Recognized technical certifications, such as Microsoft Technology Associate or CompTIA A+ are a plus.
- Demonstrated experience supporting an innovative multi-departmental organization is beneficial.
Up to 10% travel required. Requires the ability to travel to remote locations (or other Garden locations) where environment may vary significantly.
· Effective immediately, Denver Botanic Gardens will require new employees to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or request a variance for medical or religious reasons (please contact Human Resources for the necessary forms if you wish to apply for an exemption). Please provide proof of your vaccination to orientation.
Denver Botanic Gardens has an incredible benefits package for eligible employees!
Our major benefits include a choice of Medical Plans, a Dental and Vision Plan and Life Insurance Plan. We have a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and a Healthcare Spending Account (HSA).
The Gardens offers a generous Retirement Savings Plan with Company contribution of 6% after one year of service for eligible participants.
The Gardens also offers paid holidays, vacation, sick time and access to personal lines of insurance. Additional benefits include short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an RTD ECO pass.
For eligible employees, The Gardens employment also includes a complimentary Denver Botanic Gardens Membership, access to Gardens education classes and summer concert tickets.
Come work for a place that offers you SO much more than just a paycheck!
Compensation: $23.00 - $30.00 per hour