Arts & Enrichment Coordinator
South Suburban Park and Recreation District Arts & Enrichment
Under the supervision of the Arts and Enrichment Manager, this position is responsible for providing a variety of operational support to the District’s diverse Arts and Enrichment programming with a heavy emphasis on pttery studio management and class programming. The Arts and Enrichment Coordinator plans and prepares the District’s catalog and coordinates and schedules classes and instructors, primarily out of the Goodson Recreation Center. This position monitors and evaluates budgets and assists in supervising staff.
- Coordinates the day-to-day activities of the Arts and Enrichment programming at GoodsonRecreation Center including programs, classes, and events, plus facilitating community arts and enrichment events.
- Reviews enrollments, revenue, and expenses.
- Assists with hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating staff and volunteers; provides or coordinates staff training; works with employees to correct deficiencies; completes performance reviews.
- Assists with creating staff schedules. May review and approve employee bi-weekly timesheets and credit card purchases. Works directly with the Payroll Department to resolve any pay issues.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and tracking of a marketing strategy; notifying the public of District events.
- Assists with the preparation and monitoring of the monthly budget, manages revenues and expenditures and prepares financial reports. Prepares purchase orders, RFP’s, and invoice requests. Collects and records payments/fees for programs and outstanding balances. Prepares short and long-range revenue/expenditure projections, checks revenue streams through POS etc. Develops and recommends program related costs, fees, and locations.
- Purchases class supplies and maintains records and inventory accordingly. Maintains accurate systems of record keeping and develops reports as needed.
- Responds appropriately to email and voice messages from patrons and other staff in a timely manner.
- Prepares the catalog of Arts and Enrichment classes, schedules programs in the facilities and assigns instructors and aids to classes. Notifies instructors of class enrollment and scheduling.
- Assists with the organization and implementation of dance recitals, annual craft fairs, pottery sales, and theater events.
- Handles and displays various artwork at the Recreation Center.
- Develops and maintains positive and healthy relationships with participants and the community by actively engaging with them and responding to their needs and interests.
- Consistently maintains a culture of providing excellent customer service and ensures quality across all programs. Responds tactfully and in a timely fashion to inquiries and problems in person, by email, phone and mail providing by providing helpful information and explanations in line with District policies and procedures. Thoughtfully handles confrontational or stressful interactions.
- Ensures proper safety and risk management procedures including CPR/AED & First Aid use. Completes all incident/accident reports and follows-up according to District procedures in a timely manner.
- Must have the ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings, and orientations.
- Attend work on a regular, reliable and punctual basis.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any other related duties, as may be required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates Degree in a Recreation Management or Cultural Arts program or closely related field.
- One (1) year of experience coordinating recreational programming.
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Supervisory experience highly preferred.
- A combination of experience and education may be considered.
Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements:
- CPR, First Aid, and AED Certification preferred.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver License or the ability to obtain upon hire and maintain an acceptable driving record.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of recreation and cultural arts programming and its application.
- Knowledge of safety and emergency first-aid procedures.
- Knowledge of planning and organization of programming and budget evaluation.
- Skills in community relations and supervising employees.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to successfully establish and maintain safe environments and perform first aid and/or CPR.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and get along with coworkers, patrons, and supervisors and interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
Material and Equipment Used :
To successfully perform the required job duties, this position may regularly use sports and recreation equipment. Also uses a phone, computer, printer, fax and other office equipment. This position may operate a motor vehicle to drive passengers to various locations. This position may need to drive a personal vehicle to various District facilities.
Working Environment :
This position primarily works in a busy Recreation Center and office environment subject to continuous interruptions and background noises. Occasionally works outside subject to variable weather conditions, ecosystems and landscape.
Physical Requirements :
Stand, walk, handle and operate objects and office equipment, reach outward and above shoulder and carry, pull, push or lift up to 15 lbs. May occasionally climb, crawl, squat, kneel and lift up to 30 lbs. and carry, pull, push or lift 45 lbs. or more with or without assistance. The employee must be able to see close up and at a distance with vision acuity and the ability to adjust focus allowing a broad field of vision. The employee must communicate clearly and effectively, must understand and be understood.
This list is not all-inclusive and represents examples of the work environment and physical demands.
Employee Benefits & Perks at South Suburban
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision package
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement packages with employer contribution/match
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off including vacation time, sick leave, personal leave and holidays
- District paid life insurance and long term disability
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Compensation: $43,600 - $52,440 per year