Assistant Database Administrator
Reports To: Director of Patron Services and DBA
Type: Full-Time with Benefits
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Colorado Ballet is a Denver based non-profit organization celebrating 60 years of excellence. Our mission is to present exceptional quality classical ballet and innovative dance through performances, training, and education programs that are integral to the cultural life of our community. Under the direction of Artistic Director Gil Boggs, Colorado Ballet presents more than 50 performances annually to sold-out audiences in the 2,080 seat Ellie Caulkins Opera House.
The Raydean Acevedo Colorado Ballet Academy serves over 1,200 students each year, from toddlers to seniors. Colorado Ballet’s Education and Community Engagement programming serves under-resourced students, teachers, families, people with disabilities, and lifelong learners, making more than 35,000 contacts in 300 schools and organizations annually.
Colorado Ballet uses a customer relationship management system (CRM) called Tessitura, a piece of third party software designed primarily to support performing arts companies, and used around the world. It’s the entry point and central repository for all information about our patrons including ticket purchases, donations, classes in our teaching academy, and our education department. It also passes summarized financial information to the backend accounting system.
This position primarily supports the Advancement department, but will also support our teaching academy, education department, and assist in the overall management of the database, including testing and implementing software updates. This position reports to the Director of Patron Services and DBA with dotted line reporting to the Associate Director of Advancement. It is a full-time, benefited position with Colorado Ballet, Monday-Friday 9am -5pm, with occasional non-traditional evening and weekend hours.
Key Duties and Functions:
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry
- Maintain up-to-date donor contact information and giving histories
- Collaborate with finance to ensure accuracy of donor data and funds raised
- Create and manage campaigns, appeals, funds, and portfolios
- Create and send acknowledgments and tax information
- Generate renewal letters, pledge reminders and invoices
- Manage the Enterprise Zone Tax Credit program
- Generate donor and patron reports and lists as requested
- Create and manage online giving and event ticketing pages
- Process and track RSVPs and ticket purchases for various Advancement events
- Support the annual Gala
- Academy and Education
- Build class and event schedules, including registration and pricing
- Coordinate with finance to ensure accurate passing of financial data
- Extract reports to support academy functions
- Database Support
- Assist with testing and implementing software upgrades to the database
- Support the TRG database
- Awareness of cross departmental database standards and needs
- Document processes and procedures
- Research enhancements for Tessitura TNEW (Tessitura web)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience working with a CRM or database system
- Minimum 2 years general office and database experience
- History of exceptional customer service in person, over the phone, and via email
- Ability to maintain and protect confidentiality of sensitive materials
- Flexibility to occasionally work evenings and weekends. Travel is not required.
- Solid ability with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong organizational skills
- Dance background is a plus
- Patience and the ability to remain positive and professional during stressful situations are essential
How To Apply
Application deadline is May 21st, 2021. Please send your resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to HR@coloradoballet.org
Submissions without these required items will not be considered. No phone calls, please. All submissions will be acknowledged. Colorado Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) Information:
Salary range $40,000 – $50,000Apply Here