Assistant Music Director
Evergreen Children’s Chorale
Assistant Music Director
The Assistant Music Director is responsible for assisting in the selection of programming and the preparation of the children in order to reach the goal of bringing quality children’s voices to the mountain and front-range areas. The key responsibilities of this position are:
- Work with the artistic staff to select themes and individual pieces for the fall show and to choose the musical for the spring production.
- Attend all regular rehearsals and performances as delineated in the annual schedule and/or as requested by the Music Director.
- Be on time to rehearsals and stay as long as needed and/or as requested by the Director.
- Be responsible to implement the rehearsal plan as assigned by the Music Director.
- Prepare and implement warm-up activities in collaboration with the Music Director.
- Prepare and conduct rehearsals with choral sections, small groups, and soloists as requested.
- Track attendance of members and keep Music Director and member informed of any absences or concern as it relates to the ECC absence policy. Maintain a seating chart as necessary.
- Be available to assist with or act as substitute Director for all rehearsals and performances, including extra performances as necessary.
- Participate in the audition process and work closely with the Music Director in final selections/assignments.
- Stress good singing posture, proper breathing, pronunciation, quality singing with accurate pitch, movement, stage presence and fun. Maintain a disciplined and positive atmosphere with the singers.
Help the children learn to speak clearly and distinctly and to demonstrate confidence with voice, body language and eye contact. Work with individual members to strengthen these skills as necessary.
- Help select additional artistic contractors needed to achieve the various productions, within the guidelines of the budget as set for the year.
- Support all marketing and recruitment efforts of ECC and Prelude.
- Report to the respective ensemble’s Music Director.
The Assistant Director should have experience working with children. Ideally, this experience should include both concert and musical theater performance. This person should also have demonstrated the ability to work cooperatively with the adults of this organization, i.e. parents, artistic staff, business staff and Board of Directors.
This is an independent contractor position and compensation is annually determined by the Board of Directors. Hours vary depending on the time of year. See the season rehearsal/performance schedule for time requirements.
The Evergreen Children’s Chorale does not discriminate against any person or organization based on age, race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, gender, veteran status, military status, political service, affiliation or disability.
Please send a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Here