Assistant Ticket Office Coordinator
City of Lakewood Heritage, Culture & Arts
Salary: Starting at $18-22 Hourly DOE/DOQ
For best consideration, apply by COB Tuesday, June 22.
CITY OF LAKEWOOD’S STATEMENT OF EXCELLENCE
The City of Lakewood is dedicated to upholding City values to include: Performance Excellence, Leadership, Respect and Collaboration. Best fit candidates will demonstrate innovation, customer service, dedication, passion and engagement. All people, citizens and employees, will be treated with respect, relevance, and importance.
About Lakewood Heritage, Culture and the Arts and the Lakewood Cultural Center
The Lakewood Cultural Center (LCC) is a 38,000 sq. ft. multi-disciplinary venue that attracts over 110,000 visitors annually. The LCC offers a technically advanced 320-seat theater, rotating visual art exhibitions in multiple gallery spaces, meeting and event spaces, cultural arts classes and a welcoming lobby space. The LCC is part of the Heritage, Culture and the Arts (HCA) Division that also includes Heritage Lakewood Belmar Park (HLBP) and Washington Heights Arts Center (WHAC). Our mission is to enrich and inspire people through places and programs that engage, celebrate and build community. HCA operates within the Department of Community Resources (CR), which is committed to providing high quality park, recreation, family and cultural services and facilities that inspire enjoyment, learning and wellness in the lives of those who live, work and play in Lakewood. We value leadership, integrity, communication and connection, diversity and adaptability.
This position reports to the Box Office Manager & Revenue Services Coordinator, and provides secondary oversight to the Lakewood Cultural Center box office as assigned.
- Successful candidate will have demonstrated experience working in a computerized box office, have demonstrated excellent customer service skills, and the ability to train and supervise other front desk staff.
- Responsible for scheduling box office staff for regular shifts as well as show time sales. Assists with training and coaching of box office staff and with shift management. Acts as back-up supervisor of box office staff as needed.
- Responsible for scheduled show time/walkup Box Office operations and assisting with special event ticket operations as needed.
- Set up and maintain events in the Showare ticketing software and in RecTrac registration software.
- Acts as point of contact for HCA staff and tenant organizations as assigned.
- Responsible for the daily financial settlement of the Lakewood Cultural Center (LCC), which includes the LCC Box Office as well as other ShoWare/RecTrac users within the facility.
- Preparation of daily deposits which include cash report settlements from other HCA facilities.
- Works with tenants to coordinate ticketing needs for rental events.
Locations of programs/events may also include, but are not limited to, Lakewood Cultural Center, the Bonfils-Stanton Foundation Amphitheater, the outdoor Plaza of the City Commons area, Washington Heights Arts Center, and other facilities in conjunction with HCA or City of Lakewood-sponsored events/activities.
This variable part-time position is a continuing position. Schedule varies to include approximately 30-35 hours a week.
Typical hours fall between 8 am-10 pm Monday – Saturday and noon – 5 pm Sunday. Hours outside this are possible, but less common.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities
This listing is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of duties.
- Establish and maintain front desk staffing schedule at LCC and timely dissemination of box office/HCA/City information to appropriate HCA staff.
- Settle daily sales transactions for LCC ticket office/front desk.
- Participate in the setup and maintenance of performances on the ShoWare ticketing system. This includes the maintenance of discounts and coupons (both online and over the counter) and keeping front desk staff apprised of these various offers.
- Act as back-up supervisor to variable ticket office employees. Assist in training and regular communication with employees.
- Apply sound judgment to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers. Must be able to interact with others in a positive manner and resolve or escalate customer service issues in a thorough and timely manner. Effective written and oral communication skills are necessary to accomplish these ends by providing management with accurate and unbiased information.
- Arrive on time for scheduled shifts, dressed appropriately and prepared to maintain a positive rapport with both staff and the public.
- Participate in the setup and processing of season tickets for all season ticket packages. Facilitate settlement of all package tickets against payments.
- Provide accurate performance sales information to designated HCA staff and tenants. Use discretion in imparting information about customers, presenters and their events.
- Participate in the ticketing operations at special events, including frequent evenings and weekends.
- Support marketing efforts for all HCA facilities and programs as requested.
- Participate in and support planning and implementation of programming throughout HCA facilities as a member of the HCA team.This position involves a medium level of physical demands which include standing, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, as well as lifting and carrying supplies as needed (maximum 25 lbs. unassisted). Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer and other office equipment associated with ticket sales. Visual and hearing acuity sufficient to assist patrons.
Two years computerized ticketing experience, preferably in a cultural environment. Experience in ShoWare ticketing system, and/or RecTrac registration system, strongly preferred. Staff training and supervisory experience preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
KSA’s and Physical/Mental Reqs
- Proven effective customer service skills.
- Accurate cash handling and reconciliation skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, employees, volunteers and public.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain poise and calm demeanor.
- Back end and front end knowledge and understanding of ticketing software programs.
- Average or advanced capability in working with accounting programs, reservation systems, Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel) and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Requires regular and prompt attendance.
- Background check required.