Curious Theatre Company
Part-time – 20-30 hours/week
Reporting to the Producing Artistic Director, the Associate Producer is responsible for the administration of the Artistic Department, including organizing season planning efforts, managing the literary department, and representing Curious Theatre Company with the National New Play Network.
As a producer, this person is responsible for:
- Securing licenses/rights for all shows
- Generating director and playwright contracts
- Serving as the Actor’s Equity and SDC liaison
- Securing season agreements and contracts
The Associate Producer oversees the season casting process and serves as producer of new play development activities such as readings and playwright residencies. Administrative duties include:
- Supervising interns
- Coordination with the Board of Directors
- Creating and reconciling budgets
- Working with Development staff on grant narratives
The ideal candidate has a background and/or education in the cultural performing arts sector, a knowledge of the theatre arts field, and proficiency in Google Docs. Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat DC.
Pay will be commensurate with professional experience, $18+/hour, benefits not included.
Curious is an equal opportunity employer, values equity and inclusion, and prioritizes representation and diversity. People of color and/or from diverse backgrounds/underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com