Audience Services Representative
Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
AUDIENCE SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (PART TIME)
As front-line customer service contacts, Audience Service Representatives provide efficient and courteous service to all visitors of the Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities, a non-profit arts organization. Representatives assist patrons with purchase of tickets to events, registration for educational classes, and sales of gallery pieces while also providing clerical support for the entire Arvada Center.
HOURS AND PAY:
Non-traditional work schedule that include weekday, evening and weekend hours (approx. 15-20 hours per week). Hours vary weekly based on business needs. Pay will start at $12.50/hr for a probationary two-month period, and then after probationary period, pay will transition to $13.50/hr
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Audience Services Representatives interact with customers on a daily basis via phone, email and in-person interactions to:
- Assist in purchase of tickets to Arvada Center events (theatre, concerts, special events, etc.)
- Register students of all ages for classes, both at front counter and by telephone
- Enter ticket orders and class registrations into computerized ticketing and customer database system
- Perform quality control duties for ticket and class registration orders
- Perform reception/front desk duties such as answering general phone calls and transferring callers to appropriate departments, greeting visitors as they arrive, and opening/unlocking Arvada Center galleries and museum
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Representatives must possess skills necessary to:
- Communicate in a positive and effective manner with customers seeking information or assistance
- Maintain current knowledge about all Arvada Center programming to deliver to inquiring customers
- Maintain a working knowledge of multi-line phone system
- Perform computer data entry functions in a timely and accurate manner
- Responsibly handle cash transactions and follow assigned protocols for cash management
- Maintain positive working relationships with other staff, customers and the general public
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY:
Receives general supervision from the box office manager. Daily priorities are established by supervisor and employee evaluates and responds to new situations which require immediate attention. Defined procedures cover most duties.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Work is performed in a general office environment. This position requires light physical effort by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently. This position typically works a non-traditional work schedule, which can include frequent evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED and a minimum of one (1) year customer service experience needed. Experience in Microsoft Office and ticketing systems preferred.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Requires use of various office equipment including standard office equipment, multiple line telephone, ticketing printer, and calculator. Software utilized include MS Office, Ticketing software (Tessitura), Google.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a variable, part-time, non-exempt position at the Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities located at 6901 Wadsworth Boulevard in Arvada, Colorado. The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put your last name, first name, and position title in subject line. This position will remain open until filled.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.Apply Here