Banquet Server – PT
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Banquet Server – PT
Position StatusPart time
Job Description: Part Time Banquet Server
Put your service to the test! We are looking for banquet servers to help us with the wonderful events that we host at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science. It is a wonderful opportunity to see the Museum and its inner workings after-hours. Have fun, make some extra money, and join a team that is dedicated to giving our guests an experience of a life time!
The Banquet Server will play a vital role in providing excellent service while participating in the preparation, set-up, service, and break-down of catered functions. This position is responsible for replenishing buffets, food & beverage stations, and snack breaks as well as clearing tables and ensuring guest satisfaction. Other responsibilities include polishing and presenting glassware and cutlery, setting linen, and various tasks that guarantee efficient service. The Banquet Server will also serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in accordance with Federal, State, Local, and DMNS regulations.
- Provides service that meets or exceeds Museum and Department standards both in event areas and throughout the museum. Greets guests and assists them with their needs.
- Provides a professional and friendly atmosphere for guests.
- Performs proper serving etiquette at all times.
- Is friendly to customers and co-workers. Answers guest questions or gets the answer from the appropriate contact in the museum.
- Completes assigned duties required for set-up, service, and breakdown by the appropriate time frames.
- Duties may include but are not limited to: set up and break down of tables and chairs, proper presentation and handling of linen, polishing and stocking table wares, brewing coffee or making other beverages for service, and servicing tables or buffet stations during food service.
- Works independently and as part of a team to achieve success for each and every event.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of store room and other operational areas.
- Standing or walking up to 10 hours in a shift.
- Lifting requirements: Medium physical effort required by handling up to 30 pounds regularly and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.
- High volume catering operation. Can be hot, cold, humid and/or slippery.
- Strenuous physical activities like pushing carts, moving tables and chairs, lifting chafers, clearing dirty dishes, carrying trays of service items, and moving various banquet equipment and supplies.
- May require frequent walking up and down stairs during set-up and service.
- Exposure to sanitation supplies.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Must be Tips Certified
- Must have a high level of attention to detail
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service, including the ability to be friendly and personable
- Must have the ability to lift/carry 30 lbs
- Must have the ability to be on your feet for a long period of time (8-10 hours per shift)
- Must be willing and able to work both independently and in a team environment
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Perks of working at DMNS Include:
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with company match of up to 5% after 1 year of service (Must have worked a minimum of 1,000 hours)
- Payroll Direct deposit up to 3 accounts
- DMNS Family+ Membership
- Free RTD ECO pass
- Secure free underground parking
- Secure bicycle storage
- Free access to Museum exhibits, IMAX, and Gates Planetarium
- Free Admission to The Denver Zoo, The Denver Art Museum, and The Denver Botanic Gardens
- Discounts at the Museum’s Trex café, Grab & Go, and the gift shop
- Discounts on Museum Membership
- Discounted memberships to the YMCA
- Verizon Wireless discount
- Click here to see the full benefits and perks of working at the Denver museum of Nature & Science!
This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral part in the continued success of the Museum, with 450+ full-time and part-time employees and more than 1,800 volunteers. We are building on our already solid foundation with a strong vision and solid strategy to recreate and redefine how we engage our community that loves, understands, and protects our natural world.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is the Rocky Mountain region’s leading resource for informal science education. Located in the heart of Denver City Park, and neighbor to the Denver Zoo, the Museum offers a variety of exhibitions, programs, and activities help Museum visitors experience the natural wonders of Colorado, Earth, and the universe. More than 300,000 students and teachers are served by Museum each year. The Museum houses nearly 4.1 million artifacts and specimens in its collections from around the world.
Please submit your cover letter and resume as soon as possible – position is open only until filled. Applications will be reviewed in the order received.
Applications may only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.