Bilingual Internal Communications Specialist
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Do you enjoy meaningful work in an environment where you can make an impact, learn and collaborate well with others who are just as passionate about their work as you? The Denver Museum of Nature & Science Marketing Department is looking for a Bilingual Internal Communications Specialist to join their team.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive internal communication strategy, producing and updating content for the internal website, providing expert copywriting, and offering occasional media support. This position will play a vital role in keeping our staff informed, engaged and motivated. This role will build and enhance the Museum’s internal communication strategy, channels and platforms, and promote a positive, informed organizational culture.
If you’re a skilled communicator ready to make an impact, we want to hear from you!
Job Class: Full Time
Hiring Range: $65,000-72,000k
Work Schedule: M-F; Hybrid: 3 days in office.
- Works across departments to gather and synthesize engaging, informative, and relevant content; crafts internal communications materials, such as newsletters, memos, announcements, website, and intranet updates; and supports the marketing team as needed.
- Establishes strong relationships and works closely with internal stakeholders across the company and creates internal communication plans and campaigns to effectively convey information within the organization. These strategies can range from Museum-wide announcements to team-specific messages.
- Works with leadership on team-wide and company-wide communications to promote trust and transparency, while collaborating with department staff to plan and execute initiatives that promote Museum programs.
- Keeps a pulse point on opportunities to amplify and share stories across various channels while managing the internal communication email inbox and editorial calendar.
- Identify key messages, communication channels, and tactics to effectively engage and communicate with staff, while ensuring timely and accurate distribution of communications through appropriate channels.
- Utilizes multimedia formats for internal storytelling.
- Establishes metrics and feedback mechanisms to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of internal communication initiatives.
- Actively embraces and champions the Museum-wide DEAI strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 4 years’ experience working in organization communications.
- Ability to work weekends and/or after-hours, if needed.
- Must be fully bilingual in English and Spanish with advanced proficiency speaking and writing.
Ideal Candidate Will Be/Have
- Self-starter, flexible, results and data driven, quick-learning, assertive and goal-oriented personality that easily adapts to change
- Positive attitude and willingness to take on increasing responsibility
- Highly capable project manager with excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
Please submit your resume by 6:00 p.m. MT on Nov. 29, 2023. Applications will not be accepted after this time. DMNS reserves the right to close the position prior to this date. Applications may only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website.
DMNS Core Values
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative, and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, the environment, and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Perks of Working at DMNS
Click HERE (www.dmns.org/about/careers/employee-benefits/) to learn more about the benefits package offered to DMNS staff.
Dayforce Wallet: Get your pay as soon as you earn it, at no cost to you. Request up to 50% of your net earnings without waiting for the standard pay day, through the Dayforce Wallet mobile app.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors, and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.