Box Office & Concessions Manager
Bug Performance and Media Art Center
The Bug Theatre is seeking a part-time Box Office & Concessions Manager to join our team to provide Denver a unique and diverse theater experience. Overseeing the theater’s box office and concessions operations, this position provides key leadership and consultation to senior management and is an integral voice in the success of the theater and our customer’s experience.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate and schedule volunteer staff for all events, personally accommodating when required
- Manage the preparation and reconciliation of all event box office and concession cash drawers
- Prepare and deliver box office and concessions bank deposits on a weekly basis
- Ensure sufficient cash drawers are available prior to each event
- Restock the concessions stand as needed, communicating any inventory requirements to the Theater Director
- Recruit volunteers as needed
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and training materials
- Be accountable for the training and process compliance for all box office and concessions staff
- Assist the Theater Director and volunteers with cleanup following events as required
- 6 month’s experience in a customer-facing position in a related service industry
- A customer-focused and professional demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to reliably reconcile a cash register
- Ability to provide evidence of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Working knowledge of Square
- Experience creating, documenting, and monitoring policies and procedures
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- TIPS certification required within 60 days of hire
- Word processing familiarity preferred
Evening and weekend availability required. Exact days and hours will vary depending on the theater’s schedule, but the position can be expected to have a minimum of 2 hours of work, and up to 10 hours of work, a week.
Compensation is salaried at $500 per month, with the opportunity for additional compensation in the form of tips.
The Bug Performance and Media Arts Center is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization that seeks to foster a supportive community of artists in Denver by providing an opportunity for the development of unique voices, a diverse audience, and dynamic programming. We believe in the spirit of artistry as the driving force behind every production, in the integrity of the creative individual, and in the power of shared artistic experience.
The Bug Performance and Media Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer providing employment consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other group protected by law. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to all applicants.
Compensation: $500/month + tips