Camp & Virtual Programs Administrator
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Camp & Virtual Programs Administrator
Come and join one of the leading Science Education programming teams in the country!
This job is the Summer Camp Director responsible for planning, coordination and execution of the summer camps and school camp-ins. Responsible for site-specific programming, as well as the supervision of the camp staff.
We are looking for someone who is creative, motivated and highly organized. Someone who is excited to coordinate virtual education programming for the Museum and who also loves camps.
Successful candidates are familiar with camp and virtual educational programs, prioritize audience needs and interests, are resourceful in the moment, manage long and short term planning, collaborate with internal and external partners, and can be both a leader and a team player.
- Leads the development, operations and delivery of camp, distance learning and other school-age informal education programming with a focus on providing an excellent experience to the audience.
- Ensures age-appropriate, audience-responsive, hands-on and dynamic learning techniques are used during programs in a range of formats that may include or combine: facilitation, demonstration, dissection, co-creation, improvisation, direct instruction, or theatrical performance.
- Performs needed activity maintenance and supply orders.
- Mentors and supervises staff and volunteer facilitators. Helps to coordinate training, breaks, program schedule, facilitations, etc.
- Coordinates special events and collaborates with community partners.
- Ensures educational programs are active and reaching attendance goals.
- Twenty-one (21) years of age due to licensure requirements required.
- Bachelors’ degree in science, education, recreation, outdoor education, or a subject in the human service field required.
- 3 years’ experience in informal education program delivery for school-age children required.
- 3 years’ experience in program coordination and technology relating to virtual programming required.
- Must meet appropriate Camp Director requirements/qualifications and provide all documentation as required by the State of Colorado’s Department of Human Services required, or within 30 days of hire.
- 1 year of experience supervising staff required.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings for programs and events required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with coordinating virtual/distance-learning programming.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
- Experience hiring, training and supervising a team.
- Experience leading a state child-care licensed program.
Perks of working at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance benefits
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Free DMNS Family Plus membership plus free admission to all Association of Science Technology Centers (ASTC) across the country
- Free access to Museum exhibits, IMAX, and Gates Planetarium
- Free local admission to The Denver Zoo, The Denver Art Museum, The Denver Botanic Gardens, and Fort Collins Museum of Discovery
- Free RTD ECO pass
- Alternative transportation (ECOmmute) rewards program
- On-site activities (run club, yoga, Spanish language)
- American Alliance of Museums Membership (AAM)
- Click here to see the full range of benefits offered at DMNS!
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Wednesday, December 15, 2019. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications will only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Museum is committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.