Cashier I – FT
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Cashier I – FT
If you want to work in an awesome environment with amazing perks and professional people, the Denver Museum of Nature & Science is for you!
We are looking for (3) punctual and dependable peoplen with a positive, team-focused attitude. Our Cashiers work together to provide excellent Customer service while performing Cashier duties in our daily Food Service outlets. After mastering operations and cashiering in the Café and Deli, this position will have the opportunity to take on cashiering duties in IMAX Concessions, Pop-up Stations, and ultimately Barista in the Coffee Lab. Cashiering duties include but are not limited to assisting Guests, performing cash transactions, cleaning, restocking, labeling food items, and always adhering to DMNS health and safety guidelines. This position is estimated to work 40 hours per week.
- Greets each customer with a smile and salutation.
- Maintains and instills high customer service levels in the food service outlets and throughout the museum. Greets guests and assists with dining needs.
- Is friendly to customers and co-workers. Answers guest questions about the Food Services department or gets the answer from the appropriate contact in the museum.
- Ability to count cash and make correct change back to customers.
- Completes assigned duties required for set-up and breakdown within appropriate time frames.
- Duties may include but are not limited to stocking all reach-in refrigerators with product, wrapping pastry items, cleaning guest service areas, cleaning and keeping cashier station tidy, making coffee, sweeping and mopping floors, and assuring that the tables near the entrance and exit of the café are clean.
- Maintains stock throughout the day at appropriate levels.
- 6 months’ experience in cash handling
- 6 months’ P.O.S./cash register experience
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Ideal candidate will have:
- Great attitude with a desire to give great Guest service.
- Desire to work in a unique setting with awesome colleagues.
- Ability to be punctual as scheduled.
- Ability to get along with others and work as a team member.
- Ability to work and stand or walk up to 8 hours in a shift.
- Lifting requirements: Medium physical effort required by handling up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.
- High volume production kitchen. Can be hot, cold, humid and/or slippery.
- Strenuous physical activities like moving tables, chairs and clearing dirty dishes.
- May require frequent walking, up and down stairs during set-up and during events.
- Able to respect and work with cleaning and culinary equipment as trained.
- Exposure to sanitation supplies.
Perks and Benefits of working at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance benefits
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Free DMNS Family Plus membership plus free admission to all Association of Science Technology Centers (ASTC) across the country
- Free access to Museum exhibits, IMAX, and Gates Planetarium
- Free local admission to The Denver Zoo, The Denver Art Museum, The Denver Botanic Gardens, and Fort Collins Museum of Discovery
- Free RTD ECO pass
- American Alliance of Museums Membership (AAM)
- Click HERE to see the full range of beneifts and perks offered by the Denver Museum of Nature and Science!
Our Core Values:
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, and the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Please submit your cover letter and resume as soon as possible – position is open only until filled. Applications will be reviewed in the order received.
Applications will only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Museum is committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.