Catering Sales Consultant
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Catering Sales Consultant
We are looking for someone to join our team to sell the full Museum experience and support our mission. The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is a leader in science, research and education as well as a tier-one event venue. We have in-house catering, event services and incredible built in entertainment. You would be the primary contact for our wedding couples as well as a variety of corporate, non-profit and internal accounts. You will have the opportunity to engage with couples exploring options for their special day as well as planning elaborate events amongst some of Denver’s most historic gems and dinosaurs. You will be the liaison between our special event guests and the culinary and banquet departments. You will represent the Denver Museum of Nature & Science and maintain our community relationships. If you enjoy a high-paced environment with incredible views, we hope you will consider applying.
Work Schedule: Onsite 5 days/week. Must be available to work weekends, nights & holidays as needed.
- Develops, designs and implements successful sales strategies that drive the overall catering revenue sales of the department, meeting targeted monthly and annual budgeted goals.
- Directs networking and marketing of the Catering Department to external community. Sells the use of museum facilities and catering services for external clients and internal departments. Develops and maintains an ongoing client base to utilize in conjunction with a sales marketing program.
- Maintains selling skills, current trends and event planning tools through ongoing education. Provides innovative and attractive ideas to entice clients to consider the Museum for their event. Ensures events are within or exceed profit margins and are within the contractual parameters for the Museum.
- High level of customer service, responds to requests within 24 hours.
- Coordinates the use of museum facilities and catering services to achieve a successful event balance within policies and procedures of the museum. Provides proactive communication to all museum departments regarding events that may affect them.
- Ensures event success by providing complete and accurate Banquet Event Orders, actively participate in established weekly BEO meetings to provided answers to questions that may arise regarding booked events.
- Associate’s degree, or equivalent work experience required.
- 3 years’ high volume catering sales required.
- 3 years’ sales experience in a hospitality environment required.
- The Museum loves science. As a science institution, the Museum believes in the science behind vaccines. As a condition of employment, employees must present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on their first day of employment or receive an exemption or other reasonable accommodation due to circumstances protected under federal or state law that prevent the employee from being vaccinated. If you wish to apply for an exemption, please contact Human Resources for the necessary forms. You will be notified of the decision regarding your requested exemption.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Someone with enthusiam for the mission and vision of the Museum
- Loves science and the opportunities to weave that into all of our events
- Can do attitude
- Knowledge of catering operations
- Works well with others, but enjoys working solo, too
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Perks and Benefits of working at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science include:
A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage. 100% paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance. Paid time-off for vacation, sickness and holidays. 403(b) Retirement Plan with immediate eligibility to contribute and, after one year of employment, an employer contribution and match. An RTD Eco pass and a free Family+ membership to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science.
Dayforce Wallet: Get your pay as soon as you earn it, at no cost to you. Request up to 50% of your net earnings without waiting for the standard payday, through the Dayforce Wallet mobile app.
The full range of perks and benefits can be found HERE.
Please submit your resume by Monday, August 15, 2022. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications will only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Museum is committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Compensation: $60,000 - $63,000/annually