Community Engagement Director
Wild Bear Nature Center
Community Engagement Director–Wild Bear Nature Center
Wild Bear Nature Center is a 25 year old nonprofit organization, providing year round educational programs to people of all ages. Located in the mountains of Boulder County, Wild Bear owns 5 acres at the gateway of 3,200 acres where the future net zero nature center will be built. We are seeking a Community Engagement Director to lead the nature center into the future by creating cutting edge visitors’ experiences as well as an adult and family workshop series. We are seeking someone that is creative, outgoing, energetic, and who shares a love of nature and has experience with informal and formal family nature education programs.
- Develop Wild Bear’s long-term community engagement strategy, including informal visitor experiences at the nature center, adult and family programs, volunteers, and including exhibit planning and development.
- Develop, track, and manage relationships with a broad base of adult and family constituents in the Front Range Region, including other like-minded organizations and businesses.
- Build strong support for Wild Bear and our mission, both locally and regionally.
- Plan and implement community events in accordance with Wild Bear’s mission, vision and values.
- Assist community engagement committee and marketing team with fundraising events.
- Develop and oversee a strong volunteer program. Participate in Volunteer Committee meetings, as needed.
- Develop, improve upon, and maintain hands-on exhibits at the interim nature center.
- Oversee development and implementation of exhibits for the future, net-zero nature center.
- Monitor and set strategy to meet Wild Bear’s strategic goal of increasing visitation by 25%, and community engagement by 50%, within 2 years.
- Set goals, implement strategy, and evaluate visitor and community engagement experiences.
- Train, supervise, support, and evaluate the Visitor Services team (staff and volunteers).
- Research and apply for outside funding to support Wild Bear’s Community Engagement goals.
- Support the organization in other community engagement and organizing matters as
identified and assigned by the Executive Director.
Community Engagement Director Profile
- Understand and apply Wild Bear’s mission, vision, and values to all activities.
- Strong, positive leader with a fun, energetic, and outgoing personality.
- Proven track record with engaging community during formal and informal programs.
- High standard of excellence.
- Demonstrated record of following-up in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with staff and constituents.
- Self-motivated with excellent follow through: takes the ball and runs with it.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time well. Excellent organizational skills.
- Seeks out training opportunities in order to improve leadership skills.
- Strong work ethic, a dedication to getting the job done, and a “can-do” attitude.
Bachelor’s degree in museum studies or related field
At least 5 years experience in community engagement role
3 Positive References from current or former supervisors
Clean FBI background checks
Send cover letter, resume and email contacts for three supervisory references
$40,000 annual salary