Community Programs and Outreach Assistant
The Hudson Gardens & Event Center
DEPARTMENT: Community Programs and Outreach
CLASSIFICATION: Seasonal Part-Time, March 1, 2020 to October 31, 2020 (up to 30 hours/week)
REPORTS TO: Community Programs and Outreach Coordinator
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
For more than two decades, The Hudson Gardens & Event Center’s thirty acres of gardens and natural open spaces have connected visitors to the outdoors through exhibits, educational programs and events. We are looking for a talented Community Programs and Outreach Assistant to join our team and support our mission to create beauty and an abundance of opportunities for discovery, wellness, enjoyment, and lifelong learning.
We are seeking a creative, energetic, reliable and outgoing individual serve as a customer service representative before, during, and after community programs such as field trips, classes, and outreach activities. The ideal candidate enjoys preparing programs, providing extraordinary customer service, coordinating class logistics, and inspiring others to learn.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Program & Outreach administration:
- Serve as Hudson Gardens’ staff representative before, during, and after classes and programs as assigned. Duties include organizing and preparing program materials and supplies, performing set-up and breakdown of equipment and venues, greeting and directing guests, processing walk-up registrations, coordinating day-of logistics with speakers and presenters and providing general customer service to program attendees.
- Facilitate programs as needed.
- Represent the organization at off-site outreach events and seasonal organization-wide events as requested.
- Field Trip administration:
- Assist with the daily operations of field trip programming including but not limited to: preparing program materials, greeting and processing group arrivals, collecting payment, enforcing policies and rules, providing activity instructions and directions to students and chaperones, serving as the primary staff contact for field trip groups on-site, and collecting, inventorying and organizing post-field trip program materials.
- Perform general office duties and administrative tasks such as basic word processing, updating, maintaining, and organizing materials and supplies, photocopying, cash handling, and filing.
- Assist with the training and supervision of volunteers.
- Assist with marketing and promotion of programs and classes as needed.
- Associates degree or higher.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong data entry and PC-based computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn quickly with self-motivation
- Organized, efficient and reliable
- Willingness to work regular evening and weekend, hours.
View the full job description and submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references online at https://hudsongardens.bamboohr.com/jobs/ to apply. Position will remain open until filled. Please, no visits or phone calls.Apply Here