Concertmaster, Arapahoe Philharmonic
Arapahoe Philharmonic, Inc.
Concertmaster Job Description
Please find excerpts and audition instructions, arapahoe-phil.org.
Concertmaster is an independent contractor of the organization and will receive an IRS 1099 statement at the end of the calendar year.
Agreements are done season-by-season, August through May, and are subject to renegotiation each year. Most education/outreach opportunities are compensated separately.
Rehearsals take place on most Tuesday nights beginning mid-August through early/mid-May. Dress rehearsals take place on Thursday nights. Concerts are held on Friday nights. Some exceptions/additional performances may apply and will be outlined on the full orchestra schedule. Engagements that are added after the agreement has been signed will be negotiated separately.
- Attend all rehearsals and performances as outlined in the orchestra schedule. (Minimal absences are allowed in consultation with the Music Director.)
- Be prepared to perform the music to be rehearsed, ensure that your section is prepared to perform, and support overall development of artistic quality.
- Serve as personnel manager for your section; engage substitutes for yourself when necessary and for others in your section if/when they must miss a rehearsal; track attendance and encourage compliance with the attendance protocols outlined in the Members Handbook; and participate in resolution of personnel matters.
- Serve as liaison/communicate with the Music Director, AP staff, Orchestra Advisory Council, Operations Manager, other principals, and other individuals/entities as needed to ensure a smooth-running operation.
- Serve as an ambassador and public advocate for and representative of the orchestra.
- Recruit section members as needed and participate in judging auditions and/or competitions as necessary.
Auditionees selected for the final round of concertmaster auditions will be invited to perform with the AP at a 2021 concert.
Arapahoe Philharmonic Inc., www.arapahoe-phil.org, 303-781-1892Apply Here