Concierge I – 3/4 Time
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Concierge I – 3/4 Time
The Concierge sets the tone for excellent Museum experiences through ticket sales, reservations and personalized service, both in-person and on the phone. Concierge may be assigned to either a front-of-house or back-of-house role where expertise and scheduling is required. Duties include customer service and hospitality at ticketing or on phones, process reservation requests, and data entry. This position has the ability to progress through skill levels with increases in pay over time.
- Provides excellent guest experience through outstanding customer service and assistance.
- Provides service and hospitality to our guests and members through on-site ticket sales, on-site membership enrollment, phone reservations for all programs and ticketed events, general information calls and inquiries, phone enrollment of memberships and membership inquiries.
- Answers calls in the Guest Service Center for ticket reservations, information, membership enrollment, school programs and other events.
- Enters data into membership records to support the data integrity of our membership database.
- Works as assigned in either the Service Center, ticketing, Welcome Gate, IMAX, Planetarium as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 years’ experience in a fast paced service environment required.
- Ability to work weekends and evening shifts as scheduled required.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required.
Ideal candidate will have:
To be successful, you’ll need to be resilient, flexible, have a knack for proactive problem-solving, be creative, and have empathy without “catching” a guest’s potential negativity. Strong work habits of attention to detail and having awareness of the larger picture and intent while following processes are essential.
Perks of working at DMNS Include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance benefits
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Free DMNS Family Plus membership plus free admission to all Association of Science Technology Centers (ASTC) across the country
- Free access to Museum exhibits, IMAX, and Gates Planetarium
- Free local admission to The Denver Zoo, The Denver Art Museum, The Denver Botanic Gardens, and Fort Collins Museum of Discovery
- Free RTD ECO pass
- Alternative transportation (ECOmmute) rewards program
- On-site activities (run club, yoga, Spanish language)
- American Alliance of Museums Membership (AAM)
- Click here to see the full range of benefits offered at DMNS!
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral part in the continued success of the Museum, with 450+ full-time and part-time employees and more than 1,800 volunteers. We are building on our already solid foundation with a strong vision and solid strategy to recreate and redefine how we engage our community that loves, understands, and protects our natural world.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is the Rocky Mountain region’s leading resource for informal science education. Located in the heart of Denver City Park, and neighbor to the Denver Zoo, the Museum offers a variety of exhibitions, programs, and activities help Museum visitors experience the natural wonders of Colorado, Earth, and the universe. More than 300,000 students and teachers are served by Museum each year. The Museum houses nearly 4.1 million artifacts and specimens in its collections from around the world.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by February 9, 2020. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications may only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org. Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.
No phone calls please.