Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum
Job Location: Wings Over The Rockies Air & Space Museum, 7711 East Academy Blvd., Denver, CO 80230, Education Department
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Full Time
Salary: $40,000 – $50,000 DOE
Job Summary: This position will report to the Director of Marketing and will work in close collaboration with other departments. The Content Specialist will be on the front lines in developing engaging multimedia marketing materials that supports Wings Over the Rockies multiple locations, initiatives, events and programs. This role is responsible for many aspects of project management, including setting schedules, social media planning, design, production and placement. This role will work with multiple internal and external parties to ensure that projects remain on track to meet strategic objectives. Inter and cross-departmental collaboration workflow management, in-depth understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud software, time management and partner collaboration are integral to this role.
- Associates, BA or BS degree
- Minimum 3 years progressively responsible marketing/content delivery experience
- Demonstrated experience storyboarding and concepting multi-media projects, Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software, i.e., Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Knowledge of digital marketing including social media
- Strong WordPress CMS experience
- Strong Microsoft Office software experience
- Knowledge of broadcast standards for video preferred including scripting, filming and editing video content
- During the interviewing phase, the hiring manager may require that you provide no more than two or three examples of video content and social media content you’ve personally created and produced
Tasks, Duties and Major Responsibilities:
- Draft and Social Media Plan for approval by Director of Marketing
- Create and schedule social media content while maintaining the Marketing Department’s Content Calendar
- Create, edit and update videos supporting the initiatives of each department, i.e., Exhibits, Events, and Education.
- Create and manage the video content playing in the museum’s Welcome Theater
- Produce primary video content for the organization’s various video series and annual Fundraising Events
- Update and create digital, video and print graphics for events, programs, and exhibits
- Organize and archive the organization’s multi-media content
- Organize and maintain the organization’s video/audio equipment
- Update and create webpages for events and programs
- Update monthly data reports for social media, email, and website statistics
- Record budget items in the Marketing Department’s Budget Tracker
- Other duties as assigned
This job description is not all inclusive and may be added to verbally or in writing by the employee’s supervisor.
Relationships: Jobholder reports to the Director of Marketing and works closely and in collaboration with the Marketing & Development Assistant
Job Skill Requirements:
- Self-motivated, energetic, outcome-oriented individual who demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work creatively.
- Ability to deliver exciting and engaging multimedia content
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Communicates clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to deal professionally and sensitively with a diverse audience and a wide range of contacts at different levels.
- Ability to handle a number of projects and prioritize work.
- Strong computer skills and willingness to learn new programs.
- Commitment to social inclusion and making the Museum accessible to a wide-ranging audience.
- Commitment to the Mission of Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum.
- Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance for the employee
- Optional participation in Flex Spending Account
- Optional participation in group retirement plan with discretionary match
- Optional participation in Short Term Disability, Accident and Critical Coverage
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal leave
- Potential for annual bonus
Working Conditions: Wings is an air and space museum and operates in a 70-year-old aircraft hangar which provides the excitement and heraldry of being around aerospace. Standard work days and hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. On occasion, hours in addition to normal work hours may be requested including evenings and weekends. Out-of-town travel and weekend/holiday hours may be required.Apply Here