Corporate Relations Manager
Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
Corporate Relations Manager Job Description
The Arvada Center is seeking a charismatic fundraising professional who is passionate about our mission and who can add value by maximizing the effectiveness of a corporate giving program.
The Arvada Center celebrates and elevates the human condition with engaging arts, humanities, education, and entertainment that expand the cultural landscape for everyone who visits us.
The Corporate Relations Manager is a frontline fundraising position responsible for developing corporate sponsorships to support the Arvada Center’s impact and growth. The Corporate Relations Manager will research new accounts, solicit new and existing accounts and provide year-round stewardship.
- Secure new sponsorship underwriting by identifying prospects, researching, qualifying, approaching, and soliciting to secure support while adhering to the best practices of moving relationships through the fundraising cycle.
- Solicit and secure major gifts or accounts that are $5,000 and larger.
- Field and make cold calls to generate corporate interest in our organization and follow up to secure support.
- Increase the exposure and understanding of the Arvada Center within our community by making in-person visits, speaking to stakeholders over the phone, and virtually to develop relationships and secure new support.
- Submit on-brand proposals with an action plan to gain support.
- Complete a weekly projection plan to demonstrate fundraising activities and follow-up with monthly activity reports demonstrating goal achievements.
- Work with team members to ensure quality work is accomplished and deadlines met.
- Represent the organization at community and networking events.
- Plan and manage appreciation and networking events for corporate sponsors.
- Collaborate with management and program staff to set goals and determine organizational needs.
- Document all sponsorships and complete all necessary paperwork for accounting and operational fulfillment.
- Maintain excellent relationships with the existing account base and expand relationships where possible.
- Ensure fulfillment of all deliverables.
- Create and present on-brand fulfillment reports and project evaluations.
Experience and General Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of three years of frontline fundraising/sales experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the minimum requirements for the position.
- Proven record of accomplishment of sales success in a non-profit and/or corporate environment.
- Experience working with major gifts or accounts $5,000 and larger.
- Comfortable with national brand solicitations and major accounts in a variety of business sectors from Airlines to Insurance and Technology to Communications.
- Must be an action-oriented individual who is comfortable taking risks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated capabilities to deliver compelling presentations and proposals.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Exhibit keen attention to detail, including follow-through and follow-up.
- Demonstrate an ability to work with diverse, creative personalities.
- Be able to set and keep to internal deadlines.
- Have a passion for the arts and drive for donor development.
- Be a creative thinker and contributor.
- Have strong self-confidence, but also be a team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Familiarity with working with Microsoft, specifically PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with Virtuous and Tessitura is a plus.
- CFRE is highly valued.
Team Dynamics/Working Environment
This position works under the Office of Advancement, which includes Development, Communications, Audience Services, and ACES (Arvada Center Event Space). Overlap in the various departments occurs frequently, and the Corporate Relations Manager must be able to work within large and small team settings. This position operates in a hybrid office environment in which select days may be remote. Regular attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and consistently communicate over the phone, email, and in-person throughout the working hours. A portion of the time requires lifting, moving, and holding items up to 25 pounds.
Conditions of Employment
This is a full-time, exempt position working under the supervision of the Vice President of Advancement at the Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities located at 6901 Wadsworth Boulevard in Arvada, Colorado. The final candidate must successfully complete a background check. Please Note: The Arvada Center has implemented a COVID-19 vaccine requirement. All employees must be vaccinated and present proof of their vaccine to be eligible to work onsite and with the public.
Compensation for the Corporate Relations Manager is $50,000-$55,000 and includes an excellent package of employee health benefits and generous vacation/holiday pay.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com indicating “Corporate Relations Manager” in the subject line. Applicants who do not provide a cover letter will not be considered. Applications will be accepted through September 25, 2021.
We seek to hire candidates that reflect the cultural diversity of our community. We welcome and encourage qualified candidates from all national, religious, racial, and ethnic backgrounds, from all gender expressions and sexual identities, and from persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Compensation: $50,000 - $55,000 per year