Corporate Sales Associate
Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum
Job Locations: Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum 7711 E. Academy Blvd. Denver, CO 80230 and Wings Over the Rockies Exploration of Flight 13005 Wings Way Englewood, CO 80112
Department: Corporate Events
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Full Time
Salary: $30,000 – $35,000 base salary DOE
Commissions: TBD DOE, This position is partially commission in conjunction with the base salary
The Sales Associate is responsible for all event facility sales and client care that includes soliciting, contracting, and follow-up.
- Achieve budgeted sales targets, revenue targets throughout the financial year
- Book corporate, adult social, team building, and other special events
- Complete event proposals, contracts, estimates of charges
- Understand booking and client rental policies
- Source, maintain, and build client relationships
- Perform competitor research on other venues and team building offerings
- Maintain client databases (TripleSeat) for rebooking purposes
- Return calls and email facility rental inquiries within 24-48hrs
- Schedule new site visits with clients
- Be a vendor resource for clients for general information for additional services such as nearby hotels, decor, AV, catering
Secondary Wings Internal Event Support Responsibilities:
- Support Wings’ internal public events such as; Spreading Wings Gala, Hangar Dance, Hops, Hauntings, Star Wars, etc.
- Assist with securing Wings internal public events sponsorship
- Direct and coordinate all day-of-event staff and vendors including but not limited to: events, assistant, event operations staff, maintenance staff, and outside vendors (entertainment, décor, audio visual, fire fighters, security, floral, etc.)
- Confirm day of staffing.
- Effectively communicate between client and staff to execute the event.
- Supervise, direct and coordinate the day of activities, including:
- personnel, catering staff and vendors
- deliveries, load-in and set up
- managing event needs and specifications as needed
- space logistics
This job description is not all inclusive and may be added to verbally or in writing by the employee’s supervisor. Job holder reports to the Director of Sales and Corporate Events
Must be able to:
- Be courteous, pleasant and good natured
- Respond to the needs of all guests with patience and courtesy
- Accept constructive criticism and get along with co-workers
- Provide a clean, well-manicured persona that reflects the established image of Wings
- Stand and walk for an entire shift
- Lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Work a variable and flexible schedule which may include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Be organized, self-motivated and must possess the ability to multi-task and manage time well.
- Have basic computer skills, with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and to be trained on new systems
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills:
- 3+ years of successful sales experience
- Communicate and operate in a calm, professional and polished demeanor with a diverse range of clients (corporate and social), as well as Wings’ staff and volunteers
- Exceptional phone presence and email communications required
- Solution-driven, with skills to anticipate client needs
- Organized, self-motivated and must possess the ability to multi-task and manage time well
- Excellent computer skills, with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to spend long/extended periods of time on feet
Education and/or Experience:
- Two years in the event industry and planning public events.
- Company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for the employee
- Optional participation in Flex Spending Account
- Optional participation in group retirement plan with company discretionary match
- Optional participation in Short Term Disability, Accident and Critical Coverage
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal leave
Additional Requirement Information: Individual must be an organized, detail-oriented, problem-solving professional…a polished events leader to plan all details of events, including timeline, audio visual details, design recommendation, maintain and manage client data base, vendor relations, creation and maintenance of Event Orders, schedule and lead client meetings, tours, room/table layout, and to truly anticipate the specific needs of clients.
Working Conditions: Wings Air & Space is an air and space museum and operates in a 70-year-old aircraft hangar. Wings Exploration of Flight is a hangar on an active airport. Environmental conditions may vary. Standard work days and hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. On occasion, hours in addition to normal work hours may be requested. Weekend and holiday hours will be required.
To Apply: Please follow the link: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/237383/Wings-Over-The-Rockies-Air-Space-Museum/Corporate-Sales-AssociateApply Here