Corporate Sales & Event Coordinator
Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum
Air & Space Museum, 7711 E Academy Blvd, Denver CO, 80230 (primary)
Exploration of Flight, 13005 Wings Way, Englewood CO, 80112 (secondary)
FLSA classification: Full Time | Non-exempt
Schedule: Monday ~ Friday, 8:30am ~ 5:00pm* | ~40 hours/week
*Candidates must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule for special events on weekends, evenings, and holidays.
Founded in 1994 on the former Lowry Air Force Base in Denver, Wings Over the Rockies is a diverse non-profit community organization dedicated to unlocking dreams of flight through exhibits, local events, and educational programming. Each year we welcome roughly 160,000 visitors representing all 50 states and dozens of countries internationally. We are Colorado’s premier Air & Space Museum having been recognized by CNN Travel as one of the 20 Best Aviation Museums in the World. We are committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility boasting more than 100,000 sq. ft. of open hanger space full of iconic aircraft, space vehicles, historical artifacts, and more. Visitors can also experience thrilling flight simulators, discover educational programs, and participate in many of our exciting museum-sponsored events.
Exploration of Flight (EoF) is our flight-focused educational extension. The 15-acre campus is located at Centennial Airport where we offer showcase events with a variety of aircraft, aviation immersion programs, pilot ground training, and flight experiences. EoF is also home to our Blue Sky Gallery exhibit and interactive aviation center featuring an airworthy fleet of civilian and military aircraft.
The Corporate Sales & Event Coordinator is responsible for special event planning, execution, and outcomes. They also contribute to Wings’ event sales initiatives helping the department to reach and exceed budget objectives. The Corporate Sales & Event Coordinator will help organize events, meet timelines, fulfill audio/visual specs, make design recommendations, coordinate scheduling, maintain strong vendor relations, give tours, and promote Wings as a premiere event destination. In addition to external booked events, the Corporate Sales & Event Coordinator will assist with Wings-sponsored internal events, e.g. Hangar Dances, Hops in the Hangar, Haunted Hangar, Santa in the Hangar, Speaker Series, etc. The Corporate Sales & Event Coordinator is a member of the Corporate Events department reporting directly to the Director of Corporate Sales & Events and working closely with the Sales Account Manager, Event Managers, Facilities, Visitor Services, and other cross-departmental teams.
- Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life/AD&D insurance coverage
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and paid Personal leave policies
- Potential for annual bonuses, merit pay increases, and career advancement
- 403(b) group retirement plan participation with discretionary company match
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability, dependent Life/AD&D, Accident, and Critical Illness insurance coverage (optional)
- Optional Health Savings (HSA), Dependent Care (DCA), and Flexible Spending (FSA) account participation
- Museum membership, store discount, and other employee perks
Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum operates in an 80-year-old aircraft hangar. Exploration of Flight is located at a busy regional airport. Environmental conditions may vary.
If you are an individual with a disability, you may request reasonable accommodations if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting our HR Department at 303-360-5360 x122 for assistance.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: This list is not inclusive but intended to be a general guide to the primary duties of this role.
- Event management and planning: logistics, customer service, issue resolution, client communication, staffing, vendor communication and coordination, accounts receivable, contract management, post-event follow up and feedback
- Supervise, direct, and coordinate day-of-event activities, event personnel, maintenance staff, caterers, deliveries, load-in and set up, outside vendors (entertainment, décor, audio visual, fire fighters, security, floral, etc.), and other operations as needed
- Develop new leads and court prospective clients; reply to rental inquiries within 24 hours, schedule tours, etc.
- Work with the Sales Account Manager and the Director of Corporate Events to provide client proposals and estimates
- Help solicit event orders and manage vendor relations; schedule and lead client meetings, event layout discussions, etc.
- Must be familiar with the non-profit mission of Wings Museum including exhibits and programs
- Manage event logistics, day-of-event staffing, vendor coordination, event sponsor relations, and internal communications
- Safeguard the security and integrity of the event database to maintain client privacy
- Manage accounts receivable and contract deadlines; assist with tracking deposits and final payments from clients
- Create comprehensive event outlines and timelines; prioritize and maintain the event calendar
- Provide clients with necessary pre and post-event correspondence, updates, and confirmations from start to finish
- Create & maintain CAD drawings & internal/external distribution list
- Respond quickly to any emergencies in or outside the facility perimeter as necessary; command and direct attendees to safely exit as mapped out in the building emergency plan
- Assist with scheduling of event staff including event operations, load-in and set up, deliveries, and cleaning crew
- Facilitate pre-and-post-event production meetings to execute successful and well detailed events
- Accommodate clients needs and budgets; up-sell amenities and décor; cultivate client relationships to ensure repeat business
- Anticipate the specific needs of clients and effectively communicate between the client, staff, and vendors
- Minimum two (2) years experience in the event services industry
- College degree preferred or commensurate experience
- Prior sales, marketing, promotional, or equivalent experience a plus
- Proactive approach to problem solving, marketing, and event management
- Able to communicate professionally and work effectively with a diverse range of clients
- Exceptional phone presence and email communications skills are required
- Self-motivated, solution-driven, detail-oriented, problem solver with excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal communication, time management, and multi-tasking abilities
- Proficient with POS systems, computer software applications with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Able to walk 180,000 sq-ft of floor space and stand for up to 10 hours in all (cold/hot/wet/humid/dry) conditions
- Must be able to push, pull, squat, and lift at least 20 lbs.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and provide professional references
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and clean motor vehicle record (MVR)
Compensation: $19 ~ $20.50/hour (DOE)