Costume Crafts Artisan
Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
Position Title – Costume Crafts Artisan
Reports to: Costume Shop Manager and Assistant Costume Shop Manager
FLSA Status: Seasonal/ Hourly
Consults with: Costume Designer
The Arvada Center is seeking a Costume Crafts Artisan to join our theatrical production team. We are a well-established organization with a 44-year history and are seeking a Costume Crafts Artisan professional who is passionate about our mission and who can add value through creative craftwork.
Organizational Mission and Story
The Arvada Center celebrates and elevates the human condition with engaging arts, humanities, education, and entertainment that expand the cultural landscape for everyone who visits us.
The Arvada Center produces, curates, and creates national-caliber arts, humanities, education, and entertainment that are designed to help you see, hear, feel, and think a little deeper. Here, there’s truly something for everyone. You’ll find something you can not only relate to, but something that resonates—no matter who you are, no matter where you’re from.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret/ Research from two- dimensional costume designs to create three dimensional pieces needed , including but not limited to: footwear, hats, jewelry, armor, foam structures, puppets, masks, belts, fans, and purses.
- Determine necessary materials, techniques, and develop patterns as needed
- Fabricate patterns/ mock -ups for craft items
- Fit mock-ups and finished craft items and incorporate designer feedback
- Maintain clean and safe workspace and equipment.
- Know where to access and how to use current SDS sheets for all craft and dye shop products
- Understanding of inventory and ability to modify stock items.
- Maintain an inventory of materials and communicate inventory needs for each production
- Practice safe storage, handling, and disposal of materials
- Communicate appropriate cleaning and maintenance instructions to Wardrobe Department
- Ability to complete assigned work in timely manner with a high level of quality.
- Any additional tasks as requested by the Costume Shop Manager.
Expected Start Date: March 22nd 2021
To Apply: Please send a resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and Costume Crafts Artisan in the subject line.
For questions please contact the following:
The Arvada Center is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. Candidates from marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.Apply Here