COVID Safety Manager
Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
COVID Safety Manager
Reports To: Producing Artistic Director of Musicals and/or Producing Artistic Director of Plays
Department: Musical Theatre/Theatrical Plays
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities is seeking two (2) Covid Safety Managers. The COVID Safety Manager (CSM) is responsible for ensuring that each theatre production is following the Actor’s Equity Association (AEA) COVID safety requirements and guidelines. The CSM will be available for all rehearsals and performances and will be readily accessible to all actors and stage managers, and those that interact with the actors and stage managers. The CSM must be fully vaccinated prior to working at the Arvada Center.
- Training and review as needed with all members of production team (Actor’s, Stage Manager’s, crew, designers, and others) the AEA COVID safety requirements and guidelines and how they will be implemented for each production.
- Adaptation of all protocols to the specific productions, situations, and spaces used. This includes rehearsals, load-in, tech, backstage, dressing rooms, green rooms, on stage and off, and other situations as they arise.
- Implementation of all daily protocols as required and new protocols required in case of a positive test. This may include duties such as daily check-in and /or symptom check, sanitization of specific items, and other related protocols.
- Maintenance and stocking of all necessary PPE and supplies.
Training and Qualifications
- Certification and training will be provided upon hiring. This includes a required online class as well as hands-on training for all Actor’s Equity Association requirements and guidelines.
- Professional or similar high-level of theatre experience required.
- Strong preference for a wide-range of working theatre experience and knowledge including with Actor’s Equity Association productions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to enforce rules and maintain safety protocols at all times.
Duration and Schedule
- At least one positions begins with rehearsals October 26, 2021. Multiple opportunities within productions will be available through May 22, 2022.
- Primary positions are 6 days per week during rehearsal and performance periods. There may be opportunity for fill-in or substitute CSM duties throughout season.
- Long hours to be expected during certain rehearsal periods.
- Starting pay: $19.00/hr.
- Temporary, non-benefitted.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
We seek to hire candidates that reflect the cultural diversity of our community. We welcome and encourage qualified candidates from all national, religious, racial, and ethnic backgrounds, from all gender expressions and sexual identities, and from persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
COVID19 Vaccination Requirement: The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities is requiring all employees to be vaccinated for COVID19. If hired, new employees will be required to follow this mandate and provide proof of vaccination.