Denver Botanic Gardens
Job Summary: Provide essential support to the curatorial and exhibitions team within the Exhibitions, Art & Learning Engagement Department to implement the Gardens’ ambitious exhibition program. This role takes a proactive and detailed approach to work in a fast-paced, multi-priority creative environment. Essential activities include managing the development of marketing assets and deadlines, including obtaining and re-sizing images; routing text for various outputs including, but not limited to signage, print material, website, exhibition labels, calls to artists and correspondence with artists, curators, lenders, museums, and galleries. Maintaining exhibition checklists. Developing docent training resources for exhibitions and collections; managing the departmental calendar to schedule exhibitions and public programs accordingly.
Career Type: Full-time
Compensation: $16:00 – $17.50 per hour
Qualifications/ Experience: Experience in a museum or gallery environment, working within the disciplines of art, natural history, or science. Bachelor’s degree in art, art history, museum studies, arts administration, or related field from four-year college or university desirable. Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills essential. Bilingual English-Spanish preferred. Superior organization and project management skills; attention to detail critical. Ability to prioritize and complete a wide range of tasks and move quickly between different kinds of activities and projects. Proficiency using Microsoft Office software. Experience Adobe Suite a plus. Availability some nights and weekends.
Essential Job Duties:
- Obtain and manage images with related credit lines for exhibition documentation, marketing and other purposes, including organizing, tracking and providing images to internal and external partners.
- Coordinate and track development of copy and other assets for promotional needs, including assets for translation, web, member magazine, and e-communications. Manage related deadlines and schedule, routing content to Marketing Department.
- Coordinate rights and reproduction related to exhibitions and permanent collection objects for publications, web site, print material, including securing image licenses/photographic permissions and maintaining credit/captions for image use.
- Coordinate schedule for exhibitions and related programs, working with Exhibitions team and cross-departmental stakeholders.
- Liaise with artists, scholars, and partners to develop programs. Oversee scheduling into Gardens’ registration system.
- Create and maintain artist and exhibition files.
- Maintain and circulate exhibition checklists.
- Manage development of docent training materials for exhibitions.
- Respond to general inquiries artists, gallerists, scholars, the public and other museums/gardens.
Other Job Duties:
- Conduct research on potential and new exhibitions, artists, new acquisitions, exhibitions, and other topics as requested.
- Coordinate loan requests and manage correspondence related to exhibition loans.
- Coordinate related payments, travel, lodging as needed for partners.
- Assist with the tracking of grant funds, preparing grant submissions, and grant reports.
- Support traveling exhibitions projects including communication with potential borrowers.
- Prepare or make public presentations; facilitate/host programs.
- Reserve internal spaces as required by exhibition/program scheduling.
- Act as greeter/guide to visitors at special events.
- Assist with art/exhibition installation and logistics.
- Maintain satisfactory working relationships with managers, co-workers and others.
- Maintain a positive, helpful and solution-oriented demeanor when responding to or serving members and visitors.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Benefits: Major benefits include choice of medical plans, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and daycare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Healthcare Spending Account (HSA) ; a generous retirement plan plus paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time and access to personal lines of insurance. Additional benefits include short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), an ECO pass and a complimentary Denver Botanic Gardens membership, access to Gardens education classes and summer concert tickets.Apply Here