Custodian I – FT Term
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Come join the dynamic, hardworking, world class Custodial Services Team at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science. This position is responsible for providing an exceptional level of cleaning to achieve and maintain a clean, safe, healthy, attractive environment for our guests, volunteers and staff. This is a one-year term position.
We currently have the following openings on our team:
- 3 Full-Time evening custodians: 4:30 pm – 1 am (additional pay of .75/hour 4 pm – 12 pm, and $1.25/hour 12 pm – 1 am).
- 3 Full-Time day custodians: 8 am – 4:30 pm.
- Cleans and disinfects all fixtures and surfaces, including horizontal surfaces, restroom fixtures, doors, door handles, handrails, drinking fountains, mirrors, windows, partitions and walls.
- Responsible for performing custodial duties in the following locations: all restrooms, public spaces, offices, studios, elevators, tunnels, hallways, labs, lounges, lunchrooms, break rooms, conference rooms, auditoriums, gift shop, locker rooms and parking garage.
- Restocks supplies in custodial closets, restrooms, public spaces and school lunchroom.
- Responds to call for emergency response clean ups, which may include blood, fecal matter, vomit, or urine.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by department supervisor or manager.
- 18 years of age or older required.
- Weekend and holiday work required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to accommodate museum activities required.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Previous custodial experience
- Proven ability to be team player
- Reliable and punctual
- Hard working
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Perks of working at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science include:
- Position offers full benefits package: medical, dental, vision, life
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- 1 Paid Volunteer Day per year
- Free RTD EcoPass
- Free Family Plus DMNS Membership (free admission to IMAX, Planetarium and Special Exhibits)
Please submit your cover letter and resume by October 15, 2020. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications will only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Museum is committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.