Custodian I Full-Time
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, position will close after 100 applicants have applied.
Come join the fast paced, hardworking Custodial Services Team at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science. This position is responsible for providing an exceptional level of cleaning to achieve and maintain a clean, safe, healthy, attractive environment for our guests, volunteers and staff.
- Cleans and disinfects all fixtures and surfaces, including horizontal surfaces, restroom fixtures, doors, door handles, handrails, drinking fountains, mirrors, windows, partitions and walls.
- Responsible for performing custodial duties in the following locations: all restrooms, public spaces, offices, studios, elevators, tunnels, hallways, labs, lounges, lunchrooms, break rooms, conference rooms, auditoriums, gift shop, locker rooms and parking garage.
- Restocks supplies in custodial closets, restrooms, public spaces and school lunchroom.
- Responds to call for emergency response clean ups, which may include blood, fecal matter, vomit, or urine.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by department supervisor or manager.
- 18 years of age or older required.
- Weekend and holiday work required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to accommodate museum activities required.
Ideal candidate will be:
- Team Player
- Reliable and Punctual
- Hard Working
- Experienced Custodian
Perks of working at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science include:
- Eligible for all benefits – medical, dental, vision, life insurance.
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- 1 Paid Volunteer Day per year
- Free RTD EcoPass PLUS Alternative Transportation Rewards Program
- Free Family Plus DMNS Membership (free admission to IMAX, Planetarium and Special Exhibits)
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Please submit your cover letter and resume as soon as possible. Position will close after 100 applicants have applied. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications will only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Museum is committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.