Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
|Job Title: Dance Instructor/Choreographer||Reports To: Dance Coordinator|
|Department: Education||Division: Education
Status: Part Time Temporary
The purpose of the Dance Instructor position is to teach beginning through advanced students, potentially ages 6-18, dance classes that may include ballet, tap, jazz, modern or hip hop using a syllabus. Ability to teach adult jazz or ballet classes is a plus. This instructor will also choreograph class dances for the spring recitals and may have the opportunity to choreograph on the performing company for the fall concert. Company choreography could include story ballets, jazz, hip hop or modern.
| Job Knowledge – Essential Functions, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Experience teaching young children and adults with knowledge of injury prevention and age appropriate presentation of the material
· Ability to teach the material on the syllabus and give useful corrections on alignment and execution.
· Have the ability to communicate positively with the students and parents.
· Willingness to apply new dance medicine information to class room teaching.
· Meeting deadlines, i.e.: turning in required concert information to the Dance Coordinator on time; including program notes, music and tech notes.
· Ability to collaborate and work with fellow dance instructors on show themes and/or story ballets.
· Arrive prior to class time.
· Attend and participate in all required meetings. Attend professional development trainings regarding childhood physical and emotional development, new dance medicine research and its application to teaching children
· Communicate with Dance Coordinator in a timely manner.
|Scope of Authority: Receives general supervision and mentoring under the direction of the Dance Coordinator.|
|Working Environment/Physical Activities:
Ability to demonstrate and correct students, move ballet barres as needed. Move light sets and props. Ability to stand for two hours, either in class or while working backstage for dance concerts.
|Minimum Education and Experience Required:
| Application Instructions:
Please send resume and cover letter to
The position will remain open until filled.
|The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities is requiring all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. If hired, new employees will be required to follow this mandate. We seek to hire candidates that reflect the cultural diversity of our community. We welcome and encourage qualified candidates from all national, religious, racial, and ethnic backgrounds, from all gender expressions and sexual identities, and from persons living with disabilities to apply to become a part of our organization.
Salary Range: $17 – $25 per hour depending on experience.
Compensation: $17-$25/hr DOE