Database and Administrative Assistant
About the Mizel Institute:
The Mizel Institute is a nationally recognized, nonprofit institution that is committed to developing a more educated, conscientious and empowered community. The Mizel Institute accomplishes its mission through the work of its two distinct centers: the Mizel Museum and the Counterterrorism Education Learning Lab (CELL). The Mizel Museum promotes social justice with its unique educational programming, cultural exhibits and events. The CELL confronts the threat of terrorism through its renowned event series, world-class exhibit and national training initiatives.
Summary: The Database and Administrative Assistant assists in data collection, entry, and analysis to support community and education programs, programmatic support to new and existing initiatives, and supports the day-to-day operations of the Mizel Institute offices.
- Utilizes a Salesforce database for a myriad of daily activities, such as creating and updating contacts, updating records, auditing records to ensure accuracy, and reporting and analyzing programmatic data.
- Supports community and education programs by tracking event registrants, preparing/organizing supplies and materials, providing on-site support.
- Provides a wide range of administrative support, including document preparation, planning meetings, organizing employee related functions and other duties as assigned.
- Schedules calendars and travel arrangements with high level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Maintains a clean and professional presence in our reception area, conference rooms and common areas.
- Provides light maintenance on office technology to ensure consistent functionality. Acts as liaison with outside tech vendors to troubleshoot issues and minimize staff downtime.
- Communicates timely and accurately with all relevant stakeholders.
- Answers and manages incoming calls with the highest level of professionalism and discretion.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Two or more years relevant work experience in an office setting
- Experience working within data management system
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Outstanding writing, presentation, communication, & problem solving skills
- Exceptionally detail oriented
- Outstanding ability across Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to effectively interact with various constituencies – high level executives, teachers, law enforcement, & vendors
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Experience working in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Highly motivated, positive, flexible, team player is a must
Hours and Salary
Salary is commensurate with experience. The candidate must be available Monday-Friday and may be required to work some evenings and weekends to support program activities.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format to Jordan Clark at email@example.com with “Database and Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis; please submit your cover letter and resume ASAP. Every applicant is carefully reviewed. However, due to the large number of applications received for each position, only candidates whose backgrounds most closely complement the requirements of the position will be contacted directly. All applicants will undergo a background check. The Mizel Institute is an equal opportunity employer.