Denver Botanic Gardens
About Denver Botanic Gardens: Green inside and out, Denver Botanic Gardens was founded in 1951 and is considered one of the top botanical gardens in the United States and a pioneer in water conservation. Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, The Gardens has a robust living plant collection, natural history collection and art collection along with temporary art exhibitions. The Gardens is a dynamic, 24-acre urban oasis in the heart of the city, offering unforgettable opportunities to flourish with unique garden experiences for the whole family – as well as world-class exhibitions, education, and plant conservation research programs.
For more information, visit us online at www.botanicgardens.org.
Denver Botanic Gardens is currently seeking a Full Time Department Coordinator in our Exhibitions Department! Read below to see if the requirements might be a good fit for you:
This position provides project coordination and support for teams in the Exhibitions, Art and Learning Engagement department, including its director, performing a full range of administrative and organizational tasks. The coordinator stewards contract workflows, compiles departmental calendars, processes invoices, tracks budgets, summarizes department acitivity for stakeholders, schedules rooms and facilities, and is a primary communication liaison with other Gardens departments.
This detail-oriented individual is self-directed and anticipates and resolves problems. This face of the department must have strong customer service skills and frequently works independently on assigned projects requiring strong time management skills with the ability to handle multiple and changing priorities.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a broad range of administrative duties for the department Director. Anticipates Director’s needs by gathering records, reports, correspondence, etc., and maintaining confidentiality where appropriate.
- Oversees departmental accounting procedures, including vendor documentation, payment requests, inventory management, and billing.
- Stewards contract workflows, communicating with internal and external audiences including co-workers, vendors, artists, instructors, and exhibition partners.
- Compiles and communicates departmental calendar details; represents the department at interdepartmental meetings.
- Coordinates and makes recommendations on catering for meetings, programs and events, working within established budgets.
- Reserves rooms and facilities for meetings, conferences, and events. Arranges for related AV and other support.
- Determines volunteer and signage needs for events/programs. Requests signage and volunteer support. Liaises with volunteers for programs and events.
- Provides for smooth day-to-day flow of communications within the department and with other departments in the organization.
- Collects and compiles financial, attendance, and other data to report to stakeholders.
- Runs, monitors, and reconciles budget reports. Analyzes to prepare necessary transfer requests.
- Monitors office supplies inventory and place orders.
- Creates presentations as requested.
- Schedules, attends, and records minutes of board-level Art Committee.
- Facilitates petty cash distributions and reconciliations.
- Handles mail and departmental correspondence.
- Creates and facilitates signage requests for programs.
- Supports programs and staffs events as requested.
- Liaises effectively with board members and funders.
- Makes travel arrangements for visiting instructors, artists, and other partners.
- Establishes and maintains efficient processes.
- Assists in preparation of grant proposals and related materials.
- Serves as primary source of information for the department and policies/procedures.
- Regular attendance at the worksite may be required. As with all positions at Denver Botanic Gardens, the incumbent must be in good performance standing to be eligible for remote work. Remote work is at the discretion of management at all times.
- All Gardens employees must be committed to the mission of connecting people with plants, especially plants from the Rocky Mountain region and similar regions around the world, providing delight and enlightenment to everyone.
Position Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be proactive to identify and solve problems with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to plan short-term and long-term projects.
- Must have proven excellent customer service, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills in dealing with the public.
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and able to deal well with stressful situations.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to modify plans when necessary, throughout the day.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook and Teams.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Must be a positive representative of the Gardens both internally and externally at all times.
- Must work with respect and cooperation at all times with fellow employees and the public.
- Must be committed to working safely at all times.
- High school diploma / GED and/or combination of education and equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in similar role required.
- Position requires a valid driver’s license.
Requires the ability to travel to remote locations (or other Garden locations) where environment may vary significantly.
Denver Botanic Gardens has an incredible benefits package for eligible employees!
Our major benefits include a choice of Medical Plans, a Dental and Vision Plan and Life Insurance Plan. We have a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and a Healthcare Spending Account (HSA).
The Gardens offers a generous Retirement Savings Plan with Company contribution of 6% after one year of service for eligible participants.
The Gardens also offers paid holidays, vacation, sick time and access to personal lines of insurance. Additional benefits include short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an RTD ECO pass.
For eligible employees, The Gardens employment also includes a complimentary Denver Botanic Gardens Membership, access to Gardens education classes and summer concert tickets.
Come work for a place that offers you SO much more than just a paycheck!
Compensation: $20.19 - $25.24 Per Hour