Development and Advancement Manager
Museo de las Americas
Post Day: July 13
Post Closing: July 28
Candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing fundraising strategies for all Museo de las Americas events and activities. He/she will maintain a positive working relationship with individual donors and corporate contributors providing support for the Executive Director at high level of engagement opportunities. This position works under the direct supervision of the Executive Director.
Leads the activities of fund development with the Executive Director through fundraising campaigns and special events. Planning and coordinating new fundraising strategies that increase revenue sources.
- Create and implement annual goals that align with the Museo’s Strategic Planning.
- Meet the annual fundraising goals aligned with Museo’s annual projected budget approved by the Board.
- Develop and implement comprehensive donor program including annual fundraising campaigns and stewardship plans for retention and acquisition of donors.
- Secure individual and corporate sponsorship for Museo’s annual exhibitions, educational programming, and special events.
- Maintain donor database; record and track donor and sponsor data, campaign details, and event information.
- Manage the planning and implementation of special fundraising events related to donor cultivation (annual events).
- First Fridays, special event organizer for artistic presentations, sponsorship, video and photo.
- Exhibits opening and closing plan special programs for donor and sponsors.
- Coordinate and send all individual donor correspondence and acknowledgements.
- Build individual giving base by researching, identifying and applying to diverse sources of funding and efforts to increase revenue.
- Lead Development Committee meetings and provide input for institutional policy decisions around overall fundraising strategies and initiatives.
- Present data and reports of donors, sponsors, event revenue, and other funding streams monthly to the Executive Director.
- Work closely with Programs & Interpretation Manager and Communications & Media Manager to develop marketing strategies for programmatic fundraising efforts and campaigns.
Lead engagement and implementation of communications with other organizations and institutions that collaborate with Museo to ensure brand recognition.
- Plan development of programs to maintain favorable public or stakeholder perceptions of the Museo’s accomplishments.
- Identify main groups and institutions to determine feasibility of partnerships.
- Act as representative of Museo in community events.
- Establish long-term relationships that advance Museo’s brand.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills related to the field of development.
- Experience with e-Tapestry, or other donor software and database
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with diverse populations.
- Ability to multi-task and to work simultaneously in different avenues to bring resources to the institution
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings as needed
- Strong knowledge of museum best practices, services, and programing desirable.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus, but not required
- Education or formal training: Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) from an accredited University or College in organizational development or a closely related field.
- 3+ years of prior sales, philanthropic business development experience and/or grant-writing with proven revenue-generating ability.
- High level experience working with diverse, multi-cultural decision makers.
Full time position 40 hours a week, but may require other days and evenings to accommodate museum special events.
$37,000 – $44,000 annual salary based on experience. 50% coverage for health benefits.
It is the policy of Museo de las Americas to prohibit discrimination against any person or organization based on age, race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, gender, veteran status, political service, affiliation or disability.Apply Here