Director of Education Programming
Frequent Flyers Aerial Dance
Frequent Flyers® is the world’s flagship nonprofit aerial dance non-profit organization based in Boulder, Colorado. Our mission: to create and promote the magic of aerial dance
through performance and education. Our vision: to help people to see the world from a new perspective through experiencing the upside-down realm of aerial dance. We believe this
expanded consciousness helps people to maximize their creative potential, which in turn provides the fertile ground for these problem-solvers to address issues, create new opportunities and solve problems in our community and beyond.
The Education Director is responsible for developing and managing Frequent Flyers® education programming. The Education Department includes community classes, camps, Professional Training Program and Kids Who Fly. The Education Director reports to the Board of Directors and will collaborate
with the Performance Director, COO, Operations Manager, and the BOD on matters of Mission, Vision, and Pedagogy. The Education Director will work collaboratively and respectfully with other Frequent Flyers® staff and contractors.
The position is a full-time, exempt position of approximately 40 hours per week. It includes administrative work .Benefits include paid holidays and PTO as outlined in the Employee Handbook. Hours flexible, but may include occasional evening hours or weekends. The nature of FFP requires that all staff work outside of their job descriptions at times and are willing to work as a collaborative team towards our mission and goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
*Develop an Education Program Plan with goals for each program as informed by mission and vision of FFP
*Evaluate and report on programs
*Contribute to annual data tracking and historical documentation
*Manage scholarship programs
*Develop data metrics and collect data via tracking systems for grant needs
*Liaise with CU Dance Program
*Seek opportunities for FFP offsite
*Sign legal documents
*Ensure all contracts and paperwork for each school are updated and executed
*Hire and manage graphic designers and other contractors as necessary
*Build or contribute to the building of classes in MindBody class building and maintain a working knowledge of the software
*Organize and contribute to community events
*Supervise ProTraining and Kids Who Fly Managers
*Hire, manage and train teachers
*Create class and camp schedules
*Manage community class and camp students
*Support Aerial Dance Festival (ADF) needs as they arise and collaborate with Performance Director to build educational programming
*Contribute to various organizational needs as they arise
● Knowledge of and a deep interest in aerial dance
● Be an aerial instructor with a minimum of 3 years experience teaching aerial
● At least 1 year experience rigging for aerial activities, including proven coursework and study of aerial rigging; advanced experience and coursework preferred
● Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
● Be detail-oriented, organized, and possess the ability to manage many tasks at once
● Must be able to work independently, possess skills in creative problem solving and critical thinking, be proactive, and consistently meet deadlines
● Excellent communication skills, including oral, written and editing skills
● Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with the Board of Directors, teachers, students and performers.
● Flexibility to work with new ideas and program development
● Must possess proven skills in use of Microsoft Office and Internet
● Experience using MindBody software, Google products, and Airtable is preferred
Salary DOE: $40-45,000/yrApply Here