Diversity in the Arts (DITA) Program Administrator
Art Students League of Denver
Diversity in the Arts (DITA) Program Administrator
The Art Students League of Denver (ASLD) is a dynamic arts organization with a 30 year history. We provide an inclusive art community for artist of all ages and abilities, and support and nurture artistic expression and lifelong learning in all our programs. In addition to the selection of hands on art courses offered year round at our facility, our wide reaching programs include after school art enrichment programs, community engagement programs, visiting artists, studio tours and lectures. Our team is highly collaborative, and we take active steps to maintain a positive and supportive culture. We give employees autonomy, and team members are able to take full ownership within their departments.
In early 2016, a collection of leaders in Denver’s arts and cultural organizations came together to form the Arts & Culture DEI Task Force (now Arts & Diversity Leadership Council). Committed to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) within our community’s cultural organizations, the Task Force facilitated discussions on active steps to take toward this goal. One such step was the creation of an internship program as a way to help create a pipeline of diverse arts and culture professionals that is representative of the Denver metro community while also increasing the cultural competency and organizational capacity of participating arts and culture nonprofits.
Launched in the fall of 2018, DITA’s pilot year was a definitive success. An intern cohort of 10 brought innovation, fresh perspectives, and a drive to grow as leaders to each of their host sites. Participating host sites varied in size from staffs of 3 to 45 and ranged from art galleries to cultural institutions. Since then, 2 more successful cohorts have completed their internships.
As the fiscal host for DITA, ASLD secures grant funding for the DITA program, redistributes funding to host sites, and provides administrative support to the Program Administrator.
Working on Contract with ASLD, this position provides Program Administration for the Diversity in the Arts Internship Program, to support ASLD in the fulfillment of the program. The contract works with ASLD staff and the Diversity in the Arts Internship Program Advisory Committee in connection with the performance of the duties under this Agreement and shall fulfill any other duties reasonably requested by ASLD and agreed to by the Contractor.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Develop and maintain master calendar and project timeline
- Manage recruitment efforts and selection process for host organizations and interns, including marketing, selection and matching of both host sites and interns
- Orient interns and host organizations to the goals of the program
- Manage 10 week internship program in summer of 2022
- Maintain dialogue between interns and their host organizations before, during and at the conclusion of the internship
- Schedule periodic meetings with interns and host organization (separately) as necessary
- Review budget and actuals with ASLD Executive Director. Reports will be shared with advisory committee
- Facilitate design and implementation of a shared learning experience, professional development and/or networking opportunity for intern(s) at several host sites during the internship period
- Conduct formal evaluations of both the intern and host organization’s experience
- Facilitate and attend exit interviews between interns and supervisors to capture additional qualitative data
- Maintain intern database for future engagement and opportunities
- Create and maintain relevant program materials such as orientation presentations, DEI proposal guidelines, etc.
- Facilitate intern presentation to Arts & Diversity Task Force, and SCFD Board, if requested
- Additional responsibilities as needs arise, to be discussed and mutually agreed upon
- Manage and update DITA website and social media pages as necessary
This engagement shall run October 1, 2021 – August 31, 2022, and it shall continue in full force and effect until this Agreement is terminated by either party in accordance with the terms hereof.
ASLD shall pay the Contractor at the hourly rate of $25 per hour.
Billable hours will average 55 hours per month, and will not exceed 625 hours over the course of the contract, without prior approval from ASLD.
The Contractor shall determine the schedule for performing services, and as determined by deadlines of the Diversity in the Arts Internship Program.
ASLD is an equal opportunity employer that values workplace diversity and strives to be an inclusive organization. We are committed to building a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Interested candidates, please send a resume to Rachel Basye, email@example.comApply Here