Donor Relations Coordinator
Title: Donor Relations Coordinator
Position Reports To: Giving Programs Manager
Direct Reports: None
About Butterfly Pavilion: Here at Butterfly Pavilion, we transform the way people think about invertebrates. These small but mighty animals that surround us are so much more than people think. They are everywhere, because everything depends on them. They are the hidden heroes of the animal kingdom. As the leader in invertebrate knowledge, inspiration and connection, Butterfly Pavilion works to foster an appreciation of these critical animals by educating the public about the need to protect and care for threatened habitats globally, while conducting research for solutions in invertebrate conservation. Whether it is providing unique, hands-on learning experiences in our exhibits and educational programs, conducting new research that sets the standard for zoos across the country or building innovative solutions for species and habitat conservation in countries around the world, Butterfly Pavilion is leading the way in ensuring invertebrates are protected for the future.
Looking forward, we are committed to providing the most enriching experience for our audience, being recognized as a scientific authority, and being a leading educational resource on invertebrates. To this end, Butterfly Pavilion has begun the early stages of launching a $40 million Capital Campaign to expand Butterfly Pavilion into the Center for Invertebrate Research and Conservation (CIRC) in a brand new, state-of-the-art facility in 2022.
A large part of who we are as an organization is how we interact with each other. Valuing our facility, guests, donors and our team is a priority, without these puzzle pieces we can’t make it all work, these Core Values guide us throughout our day. We Love What We Do at Butterfly Pavilion, we Make Science Cool by Going Above and Beyond for all guests, donors, and team members while also Leading Change in invertebrate conservation. We Know Our Stuff and work to have a healthy culture by Being Positive and Welcoming to All. These aren’t just words, but words for us to live by here at Butterfly Pavilion.
FLSA: Full Time/Non-Exempt Hours
Hourly Rate: Hourly rate starts at $15.00/hour with a range of $15.00/hr-$18.50/hr
Position Summary: Donor Relations Coordinator is responsible for supporting the fund development department with donor support and engagement, gift fulfillment, executing mailings and campaigns, in-kind gifts, memorial gift program, special events, and donor database management. Donor Relations Coordinator will be expected to support annual revenue targets by identifying, engaging, planning, and ultimately supporting gifts from foundation, corporate and individual donors. This position will manage all gift data entry, donor communications, special event planning, and logistics, meeting setting, database administration, memorial and honorarium gift program, and in-kind gifts.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Donor Relations Coordinator Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and updates Donor Database (NEON) with critical details of current targets and future prospects, including entry of all gifts, regular database clean-up and running of monthly and other needed reports.
- Prepares and distributes briefings, agendas, meeting notes, minutes, and other documents for committee meetings, leadership briefings, cultivation, solicitation or stewardship meetings.
- Coordinates and provides all requested donor items including tickets, tax receipts, and invitations to special events.
- Coordinate special events including assistance with scheduling, committee oversight, logistics, and implementation for small donor events and larger fundraising events.
- Oversees memorial and honorarium gift program.
- Provide back-up and reports to the Finance Department for gift processing functions, including entering donations and gifts-in-kind and donor acknowledgments.
- Work with the Finance Department to complete monthly reconciliation of NEON database with the financial database.
- Supports the procurement and recording of in-kind gifts.
- Manage and coordinate correspondence and other communication related to both annual and capital campaigns including coordinating and executing outgoing campaign emails.
- Project/Time Management
- Database management experience
- Technically Savvy
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Department knowledge
- 3+ years’ experience working in Fund Development/Nonprofit/fundraising
- High level of computer literacy, including experience using online databases and other sources to locate financial and philanthropic information. Experience with NEON or another donor CRM a plus.
- Experience managing special event logistics and working with event committees.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, strategic, professional, and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Grace under pressure.
- Strong technical and computer skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
While performing the responsibilities of this position, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the position will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
At Butterfly Pavilion, the employee is occasionally exposed to moderate to loud environmental noise for extended periods of time.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and stand, use their hands and fingers, to handle/feel/grasp. The employee is occasionally required to reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee should be able to lift, carry, and items up to 50 lbs.
How to Apply:
Butterfly Pavilion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for open positions and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or veteran status.
Applicants must submit a Resume and Cover Letter to the following link:
Position is open until filled. No phone calls or drop in’s please.Apply Here