Education Outreach & Engagement Coordinator
EDUCATION OUTREACH & ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR
Colorado Symphony Association | Job Description
Title: Education Outreach & Engagement Coordinator
Reports To: Education Manager and Director of Community Education Programs
Classification: Full Time, Salaried, Exempt
The Education Outreach and Engagement Coordinator will support the strategic direction for the Colorado Symphony Association’s (CSA) MusiCurious educational programs and coordinate its outreach and engagement activities with performances in Boettcher Concert Hall and in the community. The Education Outreach and Engagement Coordinator will work to achieve a greater appreciation and enriched understanding of symphonic music through family, school, and community engagement with the intent to improve and expand participation of schools and communities throughout Colorado in all its educational programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- CSA Educational Programs
- Coordinates and leads all aspects of In-Boettcher Concert Hall and In-School/Community educational programs from outreach to responding to school inquiries; processing reservations and payments; preparing and sending invoices; preparing seating charts; coordinating volunteers; coordinating musician schedule for visits, securing the services of the Denver Police Department officers; and acquiring permits for bus parking, etc.
- Assists the Director and Education Manager with development and implementation of new and/or expanded educational programs.
- Attends all Youth Concerts, Open rehearsals, & Petite Musique, Sensory Friendly, CyBC concerts, In-School/Community concerts.
- Attends, as appropriate, other CSA educational programs/initiatives.
- Coordinates data entry of all education reservations and events into Tessitura Ticketing system.
- Prepares biweekly education programming reservation reports and tracks participation numbers, ticket sales, and scholarship totals for all educational programs.
- Works with Education Manager and Director of Web Experience to refine Tessitura to accommodate the needs of the education department.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements all outreach and engagement activities for the education department.
- Attends Artistic Operation meetings, and works with necessary CSA departments (Artistic, Marketing/Communications and Development) to accomplish department goals and/or activities.
- Provides data for board reports, grant reports and applications, and other development needs.
- Supports and attends all Education Committee meetings.
- Outreach and Engagement
- Represents the Colorado Symphony in a professional manner at all times.
- Assists and supports the Director of Community Education in growing and deepening the CSA’s relationship with schools, school districts, faith allies, and partner organizations and identifies areas of collaboration.
- Conducts and leads outreach activities of the education department to introduce school districts, schools, community organizations and other constituents to the Colorado Symphony.
- Identifies ways to engage new constituents to the educational programs of the Colorado Symphony and implements a plan of action.
- Supports and organizes family, school, and community engagement activities of the CSA’s education. department and assists in activating CSA’s Community Ticketing Initiative (Nights Out @ Symphony and Teacher Appreciation Nights).
- Oversees and coordinates the education department’s traveling instrument petting zoo for educational programs and community outreach events.
- Leads, plans, and organizes all Half Note/Pre-Concert activities each season in collaboration with Education Manager.
- Coordinates volunteers, acquires supplies, and designs crafts and activities for Half Notes.
- Supports the scheduling and coordination of lobby performers and special guests with Artistic team, as needed.
- Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends concerts of the orchestra regularly.
- Attends and supports all educational programs, as needed.
- Develops and maintains relationships with the education community and other arts groups to enhance the CSA’s education and outreach efforts.
- Represents CSA at festivals and conferences such as CMEA, Comic Con, and the Black Arts Festival.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Capabilities
- Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 2-4 years administrative experience with an emphasis on arts education, outreach, communications, or community engagement.
- Experience conducting outreach and engaging diverse communities in a culturally relevant manner.
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- A knowledge of and/or interest in music and performing arts preferred.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and proofreading skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Bilingual Spanish and ability to translate into English and Spanish preferred.
- Proven success in conducting outreach and engaging community at various organizational levels.
- Outcome and results driven/oriented and takes personal initiative to accomplish goals.
- Ability to craft communications, flyers, social media posts, and outreach emails.
- High degree of flexibility in response to shifting responsibilities and ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to problem-solve and identify efficiencies within work systems to improve the program experience and its effectiveness or impact.
- Microsoft software including Word, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point applications. Tessitura & SharePoint knowledge preferred.
- Physical Demands:
- Must be able to handle the physical demands commensurate with an active administrative position and concert schedule, including lifting up to 30lbs of equipment.
- Evening and weekend hours are required from time to time.
- Location & Transportation:
- This position is located in Denver, CO
- Personal vehicle is necessary to transport equipment to off-site events.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range $40,000-$45,000 negotiable, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- The CSA offers a competitive salary and provides excellent benefits to all full-time employees including:
- Health insurance – three options to choose from (PPO Base, High Deductible (both 100% employer paid for employee only), or Buy-Up); all at low cost to the employee;
- Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life/Accidental/Critical Illness, and Identity Theft Insurance;
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, 100% Employer paid;
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Accounts, including Medical and Dependent Care, Employee Assistance Program, and Personal Loan Program;
- Paid time off – vacation, sick leave, seven National holidays, and two floating holidays;
- A 403(b) plan;
- Discounted tickets to CSA concerts;
- Work from home flexibility.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Education Outreach & Engagement Coordinator in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls please.
The Colorado Symphony Association an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation: Salary range $40,000-$45,000 negotiable, commensurate with qualifications and experience.