Event Staff Lead –Seasonal
Denver Botanic Gardens
Job Summary: This position provides support to the Events Department, housed at York Street. This position is an on-site contact and evening lead for Blossoms of Light. This position will facilitate nightly logistics of the holiday light display, as well as setting and striking signage, pathway closures, and ensuring the integrity of the display each evening. The job requires working weekends, evenings and holidays in a variety of environments including, but not limited to indoors, outdoors, various weather conditions.
Career Type: Part-time Seasonal
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or minimum one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year in the special event, catering, hotel or restaurant business preferred. Excellent organizational skills, extreme attention to detail plus excellent verbal and customer service. Ability to organize multiple events/priorities at same time. Must be able to communicate politely and clearly with clients and guests. Must be available and willing to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and some holidays and in a variety of environments including, but not limited to indoors, outdoors, various weather conditions and non-air-conditioned spaces.
Essential Job Duties:
- Serves as the on-site Special Event Staff for Blossoms of Light. Duties will include but are not limited to checking the functionality of the display and troubleshooting any lighting issues, signage placement, pathway closures, and sending nightly reports. Maintains a positive, pro-active, solution-oriented demeanor when responding to or serving clients, members, colleagues, event professionals, and visitors.
- Performs assigned elements of set-up and breakdown of public events including but not limited to signage, lighting, event supplies, linens, décor, and more.
- Ensures the safe and efficient over-site of events.
- Performs assigned tasks to facilitate private event holiday parties as assigned. Duties include but are not limited to: placing directional signage , coordinating venue space closure and opening, post event review of venue spaces, , ensures clients, caterers and event vendors abide by all Denver Botanic Gardens rules and reports any and all damage to the property of Denver Botanic Gardens to Private Events Team after the event.
- Notifies senior management of any unusual circumstances, safety issues, and/or damages to the property.
Other Job Duties:
- Maintains a satisfactory, positive working relationship with managers, co-workers, clients and others.
- Ensures all policies and procedures in the Events Department and Denver Botanic Gardens are adhered to.
- Works to ensure the highest quality of visitor experience.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.