Exhibitions & Art Collections, Intern
Denver Botanic Gardens
About Denver Botanic Gardens: Green inside and out, Denver Botanic Gardens was founded in 1951 and is considered one of the top botanical gardens in the United States and a pioneer in water conservation. Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, The Gardens has a robust living plant collection, natural history collection and art collection along with temporary art exhibitions. The Gardens is a dynamic, 24-acre urban oasis in the heart of the city, offering unforgettable opportunities to flourish with unique garden experiences for the whole family – as well as world-class exhibitions, education, and plant conservation research programs.
For more information, visit us online at www.botanicgardens.org.
Denver Botanic Gardens is currently seeking a Exhibitions & Art Collections, Intern in our Exhibitions Department! Read below to see if the requirements might be a good fit for you:
This position will assist with exhibition maintenance and art collections projects. Work includes exhibit installation, art handling and registration, gallery maintenance, participation in team meetings and trainings, database projects (PastPerfect) and other collections-related projects.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with artwork registration and installation of upcoming exhibitions.
- Upholds museum standards in art handling and collections care.
- Assists with database projects and refinements to the collection’s public portal.
- Assists with collections projects such as mount-making, rehousing, and general organizing.
- Researches artists in permanent collections; update artist and object records.
- Assists with the maintenance of outdoor sculpture.
- Participates in select staff meetings and trainings.
- Assists with additional departmental projects as needed.
- Maintains satisfactory working relationships with managers, co-workers, and others.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, and solution-oriented demeanor when responding to or serving members and visitors.
- Regular attendance at the worksite may be required. As with all positions at Denver Botanic Gardens, the incumbent must be in good performance standing to be eligible for remote work. Remote work is at the discretion of management at all times.
- All Gardens employees must be committed to the mission of connecting people with plants, especially plants from the Rocky Mountain region and similar regions around the world, providing delight and enlightenment to everyone.
Position Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Flexibility to adapt to team or project needs.
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be a positive representative of DBG both internally and externally at all times.
- Must work with respect and cooperation at all times with fellow employees and the public.
- Must be committed to working safely at all times.
- Currently enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program in art, art history, museum studies, library science, history, or similar field.
- Experience with art handling preferred.
- Experience working as a successful member on team projects required.
Negligible travel required. Requires the ability to travel to remote locations (or other Garden locations) where environment may vary significantly.
Come work for a place that offers you SO much more than just a paycheck!
Compensation: $17.85 Per Hour