Exhibits & Facilities Coordinator
WOW! Children’s Museum World of Wonder
WOW! Children’s Museum is an equal-opportunity, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that offers employees a creative and collaborative working environment. We engage all families in educational, hands-on experiences that connect curiosity, creativity and discovery and serve approximately 90,000 visitors annually. We are seeking a skilled Exhibits & Facilities Coordinator with a proven record of success to join our team in a supporting role as we refresh our 8,000 SF facility in Lafayette, CO. The ideal candidate will have basic technical skills such as, but not limited to: painting, carpentry, metalwork, plumbing, and electrical and excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Hiring Process: To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Part-time
Reports to: Director of Operations
Work Schedule: Average 20 hrs./week. Flexible schedule. Must be available to occasionally work outside of operating business hours.
Amount of Travel Required: None
Benefits Eligibility: Not Eligible
Positions Supervised: None
Salary: $15-20/hour DOE
The Exhibits & Facilities Coordinator supports the maintenance, installation, de-installation and some fabrication of exhibits. This position also provides basic facility maintenance, such as light landscaping, plumbing, changing light bulbs, etc.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Cleaning, maintenance, and repair of exhibits and exhibit components
• Routine inspections, housekeeping, and maintenance duties to ensure exhibits are in proper order
• Developing and following preventive maintenance procedures and schedules
• Prompt response to repair calls
• Maintaining workshop, equipment, and supplies, including ordering of materials
• Directing volunteers who help with maintenance
• Maintaining safety in the shop and on the museum floor
• Assisting in the construction of new exhibit components and accessory materials
• Assisting with the installation and de-installation of exhibits
• Communicate with contractors or other professionals hired for projects.
• Occasional facilities maintenance and projects, such as light landscaping, plumbing, changing lightbulbs, etc.
• Mindfulness about the safety of children
• Presentable, communicative, and patient while working around children during museum hours
• Basic technical skills such as, but not limited to: painting, carpentry, metalwork, plumbing, electrical
• Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as ability to collaborate and problem solve as part of a group
• Proper use of hand tools, power tools, technical equipment, and cleaning products
• Ability to independently learn new construction techniques
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Judgment to creatively resolve unique tasks
• Excellent follow through, work ethic, and attention to detail
• Occasional need to wear protective equipment (respirator, goggles, gloves, etc.)
• Have a valid driver’s license and a vehicle to obtain supplies from local stores
• Comfortable using computers; proficient in Microsoft Office software, Internet search tools and email
• Ability to maintain and develop clear and accurate written records
• Strong organizational and time management skills. Can efficiently execute on multiple priorities/plans/ideas
• Willingness and ability to seek-out, share and adopt ideas and best practices, and embrace change introduced by others
• Ability to work with all Museum team members; willingness to negotiate and compromise
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Regularly required to stand; climb; balance; stoop or kneel; and crouch
• Regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, grasp, or feel; and reach with hands and arms
• Occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Regularly required to push and pull heavy items with the assistance of tools, cart, and/or coworkers
• Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets
• Subject primarily to indoor conditions
• Occasionally exposed to wet or dirty conditions
• Subject to a loud and busy environment
• Subject to tasks that are repetitive in nature
Compensation: $15-20/hour depending on experience