Facility Custodial Technician
Denver Botanic Gardens
Job Summary: Acts as customer-oriented liaison between Denver Botanic Gardens and the public. Cleans, maintains and sets up public/service areas and equipment for visitors, employees and volunteers and ensures a positive appearance of the Gardens facilities for visitors and staff. Under general supervision performs and maintains the internal and external appearance of the Gardens.
Career Type: Full-time
Compensation: $15.50 per hour
Education/Experience: Preferred six months janitorial experience and/or light maintenance knowledge or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be flexible and able to handle multiple and changing priorities, maintain confidentiality, and have experience working in a team environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures overall positive presentation and experience of all physical facilities for visitors and staff.
- Assures all event space is properly setup and clean.
- Monitors events and traffic flow of visitors throughout gardens and buildings, performing timely clean-up including emptying trash cans, cleaning restroom facilities, picking up trash, etc.
- Proactively maintains cleanliness of exterior hardscapes, including sweeping sidewalks and trash pick-up if necessary.
- Collects recycled materials, and ensures wastes is placed in the proper dumpster.
- Cleans public and office areas, including emptying trash, dusting, vacuuming, windows, etc. to ensure consistently clean and safe presentations.
- Regularly empties interior and exterior trash cans within gardens and public areas.
- Operate pressure washer to ensure all exterior hardscape is clean and free of debris, including mechanical power blower.
- Operate powered carts, floor cleaner and other light mechanical cleaning equipment.
- Responsible for Snow Removal.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure tripping or other safety hazards are immediately reported to supervisor.
- Maintains a positive and professional working relationship with managers, co-workers, members, visitors or others.
- Attends all meetings as required.
- Performs light maintenance of custodial equipment, other duties or special projects as requested by management,
Benefits: Major benefits include choice of medical plans, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and daycare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Healthcare Spending Account (HSA) ; a generous retirement plan plus paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time and access to personal lines of insurance. Additional benefits include short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), an ECO pass and a complimentary Denver Botanic Gardens membership, access to Gardens education classes and summer concert tickets.Apply Here