Facility Rental Assistant
Denver Botanic Gardens
Job Summary: Provides support to Facility Rental Department in the capacity of being an on-site coordinator and assisting with set up for all events managed and booked through the Facility Rental Department including but not limited to weddings, receptions, corporate and internal events.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or minimum one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year in the special event, catering, hotel or restaurant business preferred. Microsoft office, phone, mailing and database experience. Must be available and willing to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings, and in a variety of environments including, but not limited too indoors, outdoors, various weather conditions and un-air conditioned spaces. Ability to multi task and switch gears frequently.
Career Type: Seasonal
Compensation: $15.00 Per Hour
Essential job Duties:
- Serve as the on-site Facility Coordinator and is present for the entirety of all assigned functions/rentals and maintains a positive, pro-active, solution oriented demeanor when responding to or serving clients, members and visitors.
- Ensures the safe and efficient over-site of client’s events.
- Notify Public & Privates Event Manager of any unusual circumstances, safety issues, and/or damages.
- Ensures the all events are set properly, according to contract, and any last minute adjustments are incorporated to the satisfaction of the client.
- Coordinates event setup with vendors to ensure accuracy.
- Checks and coordinates deliveries are being sent to the correct locations, including but not limited too flowers, liquor, dance floors, tables and chairs.
- Ensures clients, caterers and vendors abide by all DBG rules and through inspection after the event has concluded reports any and all damage to the property of DBG to the Public & Privates Event Manager the next business day after the event.
- Trouble shoots any situation to the satisfaction of the client as much as possible.
- Meets with clients and prospective clients and conducts onsite tours of Gardens with regard to facility rental.
- Ensures and actively participates in the cleaning of rental facilities and the moving and storage of rental equipment including, but not limited to tables and chairs.
- Ensures Chatfield employees are advised of event location and time on all visitors entering DBG property for a scheduled event.
- Ensures all visitors entering DBG property for a scheduled event are directed and park in the correct location.
- Ensures property is secured at end of all after hour events, including securing buildings, setting alarms, turning power off and locking gate
- Keeps an accurate count of the number of attendees for each event.
Other Job Duties:
- Collect and process client payments as appropriate per Gardens policy.
- Is present for the duration of most events and maintains a positive, proactive solution oriented demeanor when responding to or serving clients, members and visitors.
- Maintains a satisfactory, positive working relationship with managers, co-workers, clients and others.
- Ensures all policies and procedures in the facility rental department are adhered to.
- Works to ensure the highest quality of visitor experience
- Performs other duties as requested by management