Finance Associate – Salary Upgraded
Curious Theatre Company
Curious Theatre Company seeks a qualified and detail-oriented individual for our Finance Associate position. This position is a part-time (25-30/hrs. week) position reporting directly to the Business Director and is an integral part of the operations and culture of Curious Theatre Company.
“No guts, no story” embodies the ethos of Curious Theatre Company. Established in 1997 by a vanguard Artistic Company that has since grown to 22 professional actors, designers, and directors, Curious brings the best new theatre to Denver. We produce thought-provoking plays designed to challenge ideas, stir emotions, and leave audiences thinking and talking long after the show ends.
The Finance Associate manages all of the financial activities for a small theatre company, ensuring the integrity of all financial transactions under the general supervision of the Business Director.
Functions include but are not limited to
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Financial statement preparation
- Cash flow projections
- Budget creation and tracking
- Grant budgeting
- Coordination of the annual audit process and 990 form.
- Candidates should have two years of financial experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector. Must be proficient in nonprofit accounting.
- Related college degree is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent analytical abilities, superb organizational skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail is vital to this role as are good communication skills.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a small team is required.
Curious is an equal opportunity employer, values equity and inclusion, and prioritizes representation and diversity. People of color and/or from diverse backgrounds/underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Finance Associate earns $25-32/hour on a salary basis with vacation time provided. Partial remote work schedule available. This is a Part-time position (25-30 hrs/week)
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and references to Jeannene Bragg, Business Director, at .
Working for Curious
Our staff is integral to our ability to live our mission and core values, which include:
- We are a feisty cultural home.
- Our work is unapologetically progressive.
- We are fearless pioneers of new work.
- We fiercely commit to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- We have an unwavering commitment to artistic and professional excellence.