GBYO Marketing & Events Coordinator
Greater Boulder Youth Orchestras
Part-time. Compensation $6,000
Reports to Executive Director
The Marketing & Events Coordinator develops and implements the marketing plans for GBYO, and assists with certain events throughout the season.
Working closely with the Executive Director, the Marketing & Events Coordinator implements a plan to boost awareness of GBYO, recruitment, engagement, and audience capacity. The Marketing & Events Coordinator also assists the Executive Director and Orchestra Manager with events such as concerts, special events, and retreats, including backstage and front of house production matters, and assists with the Student Leadership Council.
The Marketing & Events Coordinator must be reliable and attentive, and maintains good interpersonal working relationships with administrative staff, music staff, students, parents, guests, board members, and volunteers while carrying out all duties in a manner consistent with the policies, procedures, goals and objectives established by the Board of Directors.
The GBYO Marketing & Events Coordinator position is a part-time position that reports to the Executive Director.
An average of 8 hours per week expected, some onsite and some working from home. GBYO rehearses Mondays 4:30 – 8:30pm. See calendar at www.GreaterBoulderYO.org/calendar
- Experience with social media
- Highly-organized, with a desire to help organize and manage communications processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including development of communications, presentations, visual graphics and other content
- Strong desire to help make a difference and learn new skills
- Keen attention to detail and strong administrative and organizational skills
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to prioritize work, multi-task, and work within financial constraints.
- High level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- The employee must be able to speak and listen on the telephone, accurately see and interpret columns of numbers, and be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to move materials and equipment.
- Ability to easily traverse stairs and limited backstage areas.
- Experience with orchestras, music education, youth.
Email cover letter and resume with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. For full consideration, applications must be received by December 15.
The Greater Boulder Youth Orchestras serve Colorado’s young musicians from beautiful Boulder and beyond with high caliber opportunities to connect with other like-minded youth while working alongside professional musicians. GBYO provides a variety of opportunities for young musicians to deepen their musical skills and passion and to engage the community through performances of the highest possible artistic level.
More than 130 GBYO musicians, ages 6-21, experience playing works of masterful composers in a challenging and rewarding setting. GBYO includes three orchestras, a Wind Ensemble, and chamber ensembles. Highlights each season include a concerto competition, chamber music, and collaborations with amazing individuals and organizations. Learn more about GBYO at www.GreaterBoulderYO.org