General Store Associate
Colorado Chautauqua Association
The General Store Associate is part of the General Store team; it is a part-time, year-round, non-benefited position, responsible for greeting customers, answering their questions, taking orders, preparing, and serving food and drinks, and maintaining the retail space. Shifts will vary and will include a mix of weekdays and weekends, mornings and evenings. For emergency and inclement weather reporting, this position is considered essential. Average weekly hours will range from 16-24 hours.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Welcoming customers, informing them about specials or new items, answering their questions, and accepting orders and payments.
· Prepares a variety of hot, iced, and blended drinks using espresso machine, commercial blender, and other kitchen equipment.
· Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, recipe cards, preparation methods, quality standards and rules, policies, and procedures.
· Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, utensils, and equipment.
· Assists in food prep and packaging assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
· Preparing foods, such as sandwiches or baked goods and handles, stores and rotates products properly and in adherence with all food safety regulations.
· Serving ice cream and maintaining the ice cream display freezer for cleanliness and ease of use.
· Maintaining the retail space by stocking and straightening merchandise and having product and vendor knowledge.
· Utilizes POS system and performs open and/or close procedures as needed.
· Cleaning and restocking work areas, emptying trash, and sanitizing equipment and utensils.
· Updating signage and displays to attract customers.
· Taking inventory and replenishing items in display cases and behind the counter.
· Works as part of a fun, high-energy team.
· Hands on experience with making high quality specialty coffee and tea drinks
· Basic math skills, experience receiving and processing credit cards a plus
· Exceptional listening and communication skills
· Ability to walk and bend, and stand for extended periods
· Availability to work around peak hours, including nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays
· A polite, engaging personality
· Commitment to customer satisfaction and service excellence
· Willingness to work as part of a high-energy, efficient team in a fast-paced environment.
Reports to the General Store Manager
High School diploma or equivalent
Duties require lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Must be able to climb stairs, ladders as well as navigate the site which has a 200-foot elevation change.
Pay Rate: $15/hour + Tips
For full position description, please visit our Careers page at www.chautauqua.com
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter
Compensation: $15.00/hour + tips