Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Do you love talking to people and building relationships? Are you curious and passionate about science and natural history? Can you inspire people to make a difference through philanthropic investment in the communities where they live and play? If so, this may be just the role for you!
DMNS is searching for a Gift Officer to become part of the advancement team. This integral team member will be responsible for building and managing strategic donor relationships in order to qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts. This position reports to the Manager of Individual and Corporate Giving.
The Gift Officer will be responsible for qualifying new donors to cultivate for major gifts in order to build a portfolio of donors to cultivate and steward. This person will focus on the identification and qualification of major donors from among a pool of existing donors who meet qualifying criteria indicating the individual has the potential to invest in the Museum at a level of transformative philanthropic engagement. Once qualified, the Gift Officer will be responsible for cultivating and soliciting identified individuals as well as continuing to engage them in the donor life cycle.
- Fundraising Achieves agreed upon performance metrics including but not limited to number of contacts, number of solicitations, number of gifts secured, dollars raised, as well as percentage of donors retained and upgraded.
- Relationship Management Manages and grows a portfolio of 75-100 individual donors and solicits gifts to operations, strategic initiatives, and/or endowments.
- Donor Outreach Conducts a high volume of daily outreach attempts to cultivate, solicit, and steward major gifts through phone calls, virtual meetings (in person meetings TBD based on public health situation), emails/digital tools, and direct mail.
- Museum Involvement Works in collaboration with other departments in establishing Museum priorities and shared goals and by representing the Development Department at key donor stewardship events.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 2 years’ experience in a fundraising or sales environment required.
- Some travel focused along the Colorado Front Range required.
- Some evening and weekend work will be required.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and web enabled applications required.
- The Museum loves science. As a science institution, the Museum believes in the science behind vaccines. Effective September 1, 2021, all persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to starting employment.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated success cultivating and soliciting major gifts of $5,000 or greater.
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, and the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Perks and Benefits of working at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science include:
A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage. 100% paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance. Paid time-off for vacation, sickness and holidays. 403(b) Retirement Plan with immediate eligibility to contribute and, after one year of employment, an employer contribution and match. An RTD Eco pass and a free Family+ membership to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science.
Dayforce Wallet: Get your pay as soon as you earn it, at no cost to you. Request up to 50% of your net earnings without waiting for the standard payday, through the Dayforce Wallet mobile app.
The full range of perks and benefits can be found HERE.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by January 23, 2022. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications will only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Museum is committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Compensation: $65,000 - $75,000/annually