Giving Programs Manager
Title: Giving Programs Manager
Position Reports To: Vice President of Donor Relations
Direct Reports: Donor Relations Coordinator
About Butterfly Pavilion: Here at Butterfly Pavilion, we transform the way people think about invertebrates. These small but mighty animals that surround us are so much more than people think. They are everywhere, because everything depends on them. They are the hidden heroes of the animal kingdom. As the leader in invertebrate knowledge, inspiration and connection, Butterfly Pavilion works to foster an appreciation of these critical animals by educating the public about the need to protect and care for threatened habitats globally, while conducting research for solutions in invertebrate conservation. Whether it is providing unique, hands-on learning experiences in our exhibits and educational programs, conducting new research that sets the standard for zoos across the country or building innovative solutions for species and habitat conservation in countries around the world, Butterfly Pavilion is leading the way in ensuring invertebrates are protected for the future.
Founded in July 1995, Butterfly Pavilion believes that an appreciation of the environment begins with an appreciation of all living things. Every day we teach the young and old alike about the need for conservation, because with knowledge and empowerment we will protect the world’s natural habitats for generations to come. Our mission is to foster an appreciation of invertebrates by educating the public about the need to protect and care for threatened habitats globally, while conducting research for solutions in invertebrate conservation.
Butterfly Pavilion is a Tier II member of the SCFD (Science and Cultural Facilities District) and is the eighth largest cultural facility in the Denver Metro area, attracting more than 4.5 million visitors in 23 years of operation. Butterfly Pavilion was the first stand-alone invertebrate zoo in the United States to become a certified member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) and has become a prototype for many others. Our facility includes four indoor exhibit areas; eleven acres of public gardens; two educational classrooms; and event space, including a 2,200 square foot ballroom and patio overlooking Jefferson County Open Space.
Looking forward, we are committed to providing the most enriching experience for our audience, being recognized as a scientific authority, and being a leading educational resource on invertebrates. To this end, Butterfly Pavilion has begun the early stages of launching a $33 million Capital Campaign to expand Butterfly Pavilion into the Center for Invertebrate Research and Conservation (CIRC), a brand new, 81K sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility, that will serve as the preeminent local, national and global hub for invertebrate knowledge, conservation, inspiration and connection. Located in the Baseline neighborhood of Broomfield and in partnership with City and County of Broomfield and McWhinney, the site will also feature a 1200-acre pollinator district, ushering in a new, innovative model for real estate development and landscapes. At Baseline we’ll also partner with Adams 12 School District. A K-12 STEM School will be located on the very same campus, creating a very innovative and unprecedented model for advancing public education, as well as career and workforce readiness.
FLSA: Full Time/Exempt
Salary: Expected salary range for this position is $55,000-60,000 per year.
Regular work schedule is Monday through Friday, with evenings, weekends and holidays when needed.
Position Summary: Butterfly Pavilion’s Giving Programs Manager is a front-line fundraising professional responsible for securing funds for the organization by managing the organization’s annual giving program (<$5,000) and corporate sponsorships. The Manager executes fundraising plans to sustain and grow the number of annual donors using established giving programs. The Manager cultivates new donors and sponsors, develops relationships, and provides stewardship with the goal of converting annual donors into major and campaign donors. Retaining and upgrading existing donors and sponsors through strategic engagement and stewardship is expected. The Manager will work with Events Manager of planning for annual gala by securing sponsors and auction packages. Additionally, the manager will secure sponsorships for other Butterfly Pavilion public events. This person is detail- and goal-oriented, with demonstrated skill in relationship building, project support, information management, and verbal and written communication. The Manager will work closely with the VP of Donor Relations to increase annual revenue and identify new sources for support. The benefit of this position will be the satisfaction of helping donors fulfill their passions and interests through their giving to Butterfly Pavilion.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management and implementation of Butterfly Pavilion’s annual giving programs (direct mail, workplace giving, online giving, Colorado Gives Day, corporate sponsorships, and special event sponsorships).
- Implement programs and activities to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors and sponsors.
- Develop and implement annual fund plan that includes a multi-pronged approach including mail, email, social media, online and onsite opportunities.
- Collaborate with Donor Relations team and senior leadership on the development and implementation of cultivation and stewardship events.
- Work with Events Manager to plan annual gala and secure sponsorships and auction packages.
- Secure sponsors for Butterfly Pavilion public events and onsite opportunities from individuals and corporations.
- Develop and execute ongoing strategies for qualifying prospects and engaging them by using tools such as small cultivation events, research, and community networking.
- Maintain contact reports from face-to-face meetings, donor correspondence, meetings and other activities in database (Neon), ensuring information is current and entered timely.
- Create donor reports in the organization’s donor database for use in prospecting, portfolio management, event management, and other needs.
- Prepare monthly revenue and activity reports; track and document all portfolio revenue and cultivation activities on a weekly basis.
- Collaborates with VP of Donor Relations on new revenue opportunities and annual giving strategies.
- Assist in the creation and execution of cultivation events, including partner events.
- Provide research and meeting preparation for VP of Donor Relations, CEO, and other senior staff as needed for any donor/prospect meetings.
- Assist with activities, events, prospecting and research for the ongoing Capital Campaign.
- Supervise Donor Relations Coordinator to ensure stewardship, acknowledgements and donor database are meeting department goals and objectives.
- Assist in other financial development projects as assigned.
- Works collaboratively with others to solve problems, achieve common goals, and positive results. Listens to others and values opinions.
- Attend all relevant Butterfly Pavilion events on- and off-site.
- Maintain an ongoing knowledge of Butterfly Pavilion programs, outreach and strategic initiatives.
- Builds relationships
- Project/Time management
- Results and Goal-Oriented
- Resource Generation/Development
- Detail Oriented
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- 3-5 years of experience in fundraising is required; experience working with corporate sponsors a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required, and an advanced degree in business administration, journalism, marketing or communications or an MBA is a plus.
- Must have a successful track record of managing annual giving program and closing gifts up to $5,000.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service to donors and community stakeholders.
- An understanding of fundraising principles and practices, and a demonstrated high level of professionalism, collegiality, self-motivation, and success in fundraising.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, great attention to detail, the ability to process and maintain confidential information, and develop strong relationships with both internal and external constituencies to promote a positive collaborative spirit across the organization’s network.
- In-depth knowledge of the communities served by Butterfly Pavilion.
- Experience with donor databases. Knowledge of Neon a plus.
- Public speaking and Spanish language skills a plus.
- Recruit and oversee volunteers and interns as part of the Service Enterprise Program initiative.
- Regular attendance to organization, branch and department staff meetings and trainings.
- Other duties as assigned
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
While performing the responsibilities of this position, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the position will encounter. At Butterfly Pavilion, the employee is occasionally exposed to moderate to loud environmental noise for extended periods of time. While performing the responsibilities of this position, the employee is required to see, talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and stand, use their hands and fingers, to handle/feel/grasp. The employee is occasionally required to reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee may be asked to park offsite to accommodate guest experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
How to Apply:
Butterfly Pavilion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for open positions and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or veteran status.
Applicants must submit a Resume and Cover Letter to the following link: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/butterflies/jobs/2145264-20970
Position is open until filled. No phone calls or drop ins please.
Compensation: $55,000 - $60,000