Museo de las Américas
Museo’s Grant Associate will be responsible for securing corporate, foundation and government grants for Museo de las Americas. This position works under the direct supervision of the Grants Manager to ensure alignment and funding of key initiatives for the organization. Museo is in search of a member who is passionate about our mission and commitment to racial and social equity and advancing in his/her professional career.
Museo seeks an experienced professional with exceptional organizational and communication skills. This position will support the Grants Manager. The Grants Associate will be responsible for the completion of grants management tasks including: data entry on Museo’s constituent management software, preparing and submitting daily grant dockets in an accurate and timely manner, to the Grants Manager.
- Research, identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward foundation, corporate and government funders through proposal writing.
- Write, edit and proofread grant proposals/reports; compile all required pieces for submission and ensure timely submission in compliance with stated time, format, and guidelines.
- Ensure the seamless, integrated coordination among departments for the lifecycle of grants, from project development through award, implementation, and reporting.
- Participate in annual plan for growing the grants program; identify and pursue new funding opportunities
- Update (as needed) program procedures that can be used across the development and program departments.
- Represent Museo de las Americas at site visits, grant interviews/meetings, and other grant required events.
- Monitor paperwork and maintain records for grant restrictions and deliverables in both hard copy and in Museo’s software.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent organizational skills with experience in project management.
- Strong writing, editing, and proof-reading ability and the ability to write both technically and persuasively.
- Commitment to fulfilling the mission of Museo de las Americas
- Demonstrated track-record of successful fund raising (grants) in the Denver metro area.
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage relationships with staff and organization leaders.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and respond with urgency.
- Self-directed, accountable for results and proactive; independent problem solver.
- Strong knowledge of museum best practices, services, and programming.
- Bachelor Degree in English, journalism, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a grant writer for a non-profit organization.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently, and communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level.
- Prior experience with constituent management software.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
Part –time, 20 hours a week, $18.00 hourly rate.
It is the policy of Museo de las Americas to prohibit discrimination against any person or organization based on age, race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, gender, veteran status, political service, affiliation or disability.
Posting closes on November 24th, 2020. If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email, please list your name first.Apply Here