Graphic Design & Marketing Associate
Colorado Ballet is a Denver based non-profit organization. Our mission is to present superior quality classical ballet and innovative dance through performances, training and education, as well as community engagement programs that enhance the cultural life of our community.
The Marketing & Graphic Design Associate is responsible for designing Colorado Ballet’s digital and print promotional materials and advertisements, and assists with marketing activities including creating e-mail marketing campaigns, managing and updating the website, and helping to support general marketing department efforts. The Marketing and Graphic Design Associate reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications and works collaboratively with Colorado Ballet’s advertising and media buying agencies. He/she/they will also work collaboratively with the ticketing department staff to promote performances, as well as supporting design needs of Colorado Ballet’s other departments including Advancement, Colorado Ballet Academy, and Education & Community Engagement.
- 2-3 years of professional graphic design and marketing experience required
- Very proficient with Adobe design programs including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Experience using Adobe CC preferred
- Basic HTML & CSS knowledge needed. Experience operating content management systems needed.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative manner, and in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to consistently deliver high quality work in proper formats for both digital and print
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, graphic design, public relations or other related field
- Must have a passion for non-profit arts, performing arts and/or cultural organizations
DUTIES & POSITION FUNCTIONS
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Design all marketing collateral, t-shirts and digital media assets for Colorado Ballet performances, Colorado Ballet Academy, special events, outreach programs, and fundraising activities (Design projects will entail using existing design elements and brand standards, as well as creating new design concepts to support the company’s marketing efforts and future growth.)
- Assist PR & Marketing Director with various advertising and graphic design projects throughout the season
- Work collaboratively with creative agency and Marketing and Communications team to create and implement season creative concepts and brand standards
- Incorporate the creative look and feel of each seasonal campaign into Colorado Ballet’s marketing materials
- Design and deliver print and digital advertisements
- Create graphics for Colorado Ballet’s website and e-blasts
- Edit photos for promotional materials and social media
- Support the creation of e-newsletters with graphic design and basic html/css knowledge
- Manage the website content, updating copy and content as needed (basic HTML and CSS knowledge required)
- Continue to oversee management of the website’s new content management system in order to maximize the user experience and to maintain best practices and optimal design
- Will occasionally need to work on performance weekends.
- This is a full time position with a salary range from $40 – $50k, commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include subsidized health care and a 401(k) plan.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, three professional references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without these required items will not be considered. No phone calls please – all submissions will be acknowledged. This is a full-time position and includes benefits. Colorado Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Here