Denver Museum of Nature & Science
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science (DMNS) is seeking a Graphic Designer to join our amazing institution. This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral part in the continued success of the Museum, with 450+ full-time and part-time employees and more than 1,800 volunteers. We are building on our already solid foundation with a strong vision and solid strategy to recreate and redefine how we engage our community that loves, understands, and protects our natural world.
Our team is seeking a talented, detail-oriented graphic designer capable of applying a polished skill-set to digital, print, environmental, and packaging projects for all facets of the Museum. This new member is creative, curious, playful, and genuinely cares about Colorado and the natural world.
- Creates graphic standards, implements design concepts, and adheres to results-oriented principles for each phase of multiple advertising campaigns, print collateral, digital, and signage projects simultaneously, meeting all deadlines and project management requirements.
- Ensures the production and completion of final files for all projects are completed and produced as approved.
- Provides specified vendors with clear and accurate specifications and details to ensure accurate files are provided on time and accurately reflect project specifications.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously, meeting all deadlines and project management requirements including design, implementation, review, preparation, and production.
- Associate Arts degree required.
- Five years’ graphic design and production experience required.
- Some early morning/evening/weekend work required.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign required.
- The Museum loves science. As a science institution, the Museum believes in the science behind vaccines. Effective September 1, 2021, all new hires must present proof of being vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of hire.
Ideal candidate will:
- Understands the importance of DEAI and uses that knowledge to make informed design decisions.
- Work with colleagues in a collaborative and iterative way
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Can navigate a changing schedule with ease.
- Positive and dynamic attitude
- Bilingual Spanish-speaking
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, and the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Perks and Benefits of working at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science include:
A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage. 100% paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance. Paid time-off for vacation, sickness and holidays. 403(b) Retirement Plan with immediate eligibility to contribute and, after one year of employment, an employer contribution and match. An RTD Eco pass and a free Family+ membership to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science. Dayforce Wallet: Get your pay as soon as you earn it, at no cost to you. Request up to 50% of your net earnings without waiting for the standard payday, through the Dayforce Wallet mobile app.
Please submit your resume by May 31, 2022. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications will only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website:
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status. The Museum is committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Compensation: $61,000 - $64,000/annually